EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In reviewing the Acadia forum, there seems to be a lot of quality control problems that we don't see here on the Enclave forum.
1) water leaks
2) dead batteries
3) paint issues
4) passenger air bag issues
Being that they are built in the same plant, is there better quality control for Enclaves?
Were these early production cars that have the problems?
Don Willems or any other insider, any comments?

G

·
Other than the "quiet tuning" aspect of the Enclave, there's no build quality difference whatsoever. The reason you see more issues on the acadia forum are twofold:

1) The vast majority of Acadias are 2007 models. The Enclave benefits from being put off a year before their production started. The majority of first year model kinks from the Acadia/Outlook have been worked out before the Enclaves started being built. If you were to compare a 2008 Acadia that came off the line the same day as a 2008 Enclave, my guess is that they would be practically identical in build quality.

2) There's still a LOT more actual Acadia owners on that forum than there are Enclave owners here. (my guess would be ten or even 20 TIMES more). With more owners comes more chances for real world issues to crop up.

A lot of those complaints that you listed were very early (2006) build issues and have been fixed since about February. Keep in mind, there were more Acadias sold by the end of March than there have been Enclaves in total.

·
Registered
154 Posts
What about the difference in warranty? It doesn't seem to make sense to give a car a longer warranty unless it is forecasted to have fewer issues? Admin's take seems to make sense, but I just thought I would toss this out there.

Lisa

·
Registered
52 Posts
That was always one of the reasons I heard they delayed the Enclave; to give the factory time to work out the kinks with the other 2 so the Enclave would be ready to hit the street running with no major problems. While this was frustrating to me, now i am glad they took this approach.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
admin,
Thanks for the response, logical explanation. It seems that the "problem" Acadias were early production.

·
Registered
103 Posts
lisa o said:
What about the difference in warranty? It doesn't seem to make sense to give a car a longer warranty unless it is forecasted to have fewer issues? Admin's take seems to make sense, but I just thought I would toss this out there.
I would say that the warranty difference has more to do with GM branding amongst its divisions. GM's more
upscale divisions (Buick, Cadillac, HUMMER and Saab) all have the longer warranty compared to GMC, Chevy,
Pontiac and Saturn, so this isn't so much an Acadia vs Enclave thing but more a GMC vs Buick thing.

·
Registered
509 Posts
linuxtwit said:
I would say that the warranty difference has more to do with GM branding amongst its divisions. GM's more
upscale divisions (Buick, Cadillac, HUMMER and Saab) all have the longer warranty compared to GMC, Chevy,
Pontiac and Saturn, so this isn't so much an Acadia vs Enclave thing but more a GMC vs Buick thing.
Yes, exactly. They all come down the same line, and honestly, get the same attention to detail of assembly and such regardless of what they are--there's no extra checks "because it's a Buick", at least not on the main line.

The Buick already just has some higher end trim, sound proofing, etc. designed in, so it naturally has a bit more of a luxury edge, and then on top of that, the warranty is simply because it's one of GM's luxury brands--they're not forecasted to have any more OR any less issues than other brands, it's just to give the buyer that added coverage net in the event of issues. Extra coverage used to be a luxury feature, alone, and still is partially.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't believe so, built on the same line with the same people. Not sure what affects the build quality day to day. Mom's 08 Acadia (Oct 07 build date) fit and finish is better then my Enclave's (Feb 08 build date). :confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts