EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! I am having the 20 inch wheels installed tomorrow. Are there two different designs?
My salesman says "no" but my eyes say "yes".

At all the web sites that sell 20 inch wheels for the Enclave they mention part 17802026 or RV025:

The wheels above look "choppy" with straight lines and rectangular "shoulders". This is different (to me?) than the wheels below -- which look like the wheels in the Enclave brochure. The one below looks much more refined and curved. Do you agree? Are all the wheels on this page exactly the same? Is it "the lighting" as my salesman says, or are these different?

Attachments

·
Registered
379 Posts
It looks more like lighting and angle differences to me. Just my $0.02 worth!

·
Registered
95 Posts
There is only one style of 20 inch rims available through the dealer, however you can go custom and order form an outside rims shop for about 1/2 the price. This also allows you to pick your own rims and style. Our dealer gave us a $1500 credit for the 19 inch chrome rims that come on the vehicle and we went and bought 20 inch rims for only $2100 with rims and tires for my wifes Enclave, and 22 inch rims for my Enclave for ony $2300. The dealer will tell you point blank that there rims are way over priced. You can actually order these exact rims off gmaccessoriessstore.com for onloy $1800. Shop before you spend that money.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I can't see a difference, I think they are the same. I love the look!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I totally see the difference you are referring to. The Red Enclave and very first picture in this thread appear to have more of a flat face on the spokes, while the rims in the Brown Enclave appear to more pointed.

Since the style of rim however are so similar (both split 6-spoke), I would have to assume that GM changed the design slightly from pre-production to production. Hopefully you will find out otherwise when you get them, as I only like the flat face style. The other really doesn't look that nice IMO. I'd go aftermarket if that was the only option.

·
Registered
509 Posts
*Enclave* said:
I can't see a difference, I think they are the same. I love the look!
They are the same. It's just a weird photography difference, the brown one giving a bit of the photoshopped-on wheel look.

Another GM picture, for part#17802026 is this:

All the same thing.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the wheels now. They are absolutely stunning. I will post some pictures soon. Depending on the light they do look a little different -- i.e. they never look the same way twice. The dealer outsources installation of "dealer installed options" to a central shop. That shop did a great job installing the side steps. The wheels came in with the rims coated with epoxy and no calibration of the tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS). Since they did such a sloppy job I also suspect they didn't take the time to update the engine and transmission computer with the new wheel circumference. I am taking it back Wed.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Congrats on the twentys .......should look great !

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
rick418cars said:
Congrats on the twentys .......should look great !
I'll close this out with a picture from my gallery. I like the look. No more "old man" wheels (factory CXL 19" aluminums..)

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Congrats, they look very nice.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Gorgeous! (we all have such great taste on this forum, I must say! ;D)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Claveman, Those look great!

I have a question about your landscaping. Is that Japanese Grass? Do you cut it down each winter or let it stay? How fast did it grow in height? I've seen that in a few yards and want to use it as a visual barrier.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Those are some nice looking rims. I really like the vehicle color too. I strongly considered going with that color. ;D

·
Registered
80 Posts
Congrats. They look much better on your car than the Cocoa Brown posted earlier in this thread. I know they are the same, but the angle you shot them at really make them look like I thought they should.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
imgntht said:
Congrats. They look much better on your car than the Cocoa Brown posted earlier in this thread. I know they are the same, but the angle you shot them at really make them look like I thought they should.
Actually I do not think they are the same (my wheels on the red jewel above vs the cocoa brown ones near the top of this page). I am happy with my wheels, but I believe them to be different. The ones above on the cocoa brown Enclave have the wheels from the Enclave brochure. They are curvy. Mine are "square-shouldered". As far as I know you can't buy them. Some say its an optical illusion. What do you think?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Enclavious said:
Claveman, Those look great!

I have a question about your landscaping. Is that Japanese Grass? Do you cut it down each winter or let it stay? How fast did it grow in height? I've seen that in a few yards and want to use it as a visual barrier.
No. I thought it was Pampas Grass, but it is not. I really don't know for sure. The grass grows 7 feet high by July and stays erect through winter. Snow or ice will make it limp, but it always stands right back up. We cut it in early March (since the new shoots come in late March to early April.). If I find out I will let you know.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Clave Man said:
Actually I do not think they are the same (my wheels on the red jewel above vs the cocoa brown ones near the top of this page). I am happy with my wheels, but I believe them to be different. The ones above on the cocoa brown Enclave have the wheels from the Enclave brochure. They are curvy. Mine are "square-shouldered". As far as I know you can't buy them. Some say its an optical illusion. What do you think?
Oh...I thought we settled that one earlier in the thread. Everyone seemed to not believe you (or I...notice my earlier post supporting your belief), so I assumed I was just seeing the illusion. ;D Well good to know they are what you wanted regardless and are the better of the two IMO.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The wheels are definitely different, IMO. I just ordered my Enclave and a couple of people at the dealership agreed with me. They still trying to sort it out.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts