EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realized something about my mom. When we got the Buick, she said why did you go and buy a Buick, "That is for old people."

To this day she considers it an old person's car, even after having ridden in it. My dad said he thinks it's a nice comfortable car.

When I told her we drove the Porsche cars on the race track this weekend, she said, why would you do that, "Those are for rich people."

I realize that imho she has a relatively narrow perspective on things. She is the CR generation, and of course, has had Honda products since 2005, and Toyota before that, and loves Hyundai as well.

Part of me says, she also has money. You, as the marketer, want to take that money, because once you convince her, she will be a loyal customer! ;D

Anyway, our son is only nearing 20 mos. But one of my concerns is as he gets older, what will he be perceiving about his mom and dad? How are we set in our own ways? :eyebrow:

·
Registered
848 Posts
To some degree, maybe yes, but really I would say no. Basically I'm set in my ways until there is sufficient evidence/reason for me not to be. Until I no longer see all problems all over the internet, I'm not going to change my mind about the poor quality of Chrysler cars. To me Buicks were old people cars, but that's because they looked the part. Now, I may be nearing "old" being 41, but I still find cars like 60's muscle or modern rides like the Corvette or Ferrari to be awesome vehicles, so I'm pretty confident that when I say Buicks are now more than refined, but also cool and upscale looking cars; I'm not just and old guy saying that. I also try not to let my limited experience with anything totally influence my impressions or thoughts about products. It might take quite a bit to sway my opinions, but I'm an old dog that can be taught new tricks.

·
Registered
795 Posts
When I was in my teens and 20's I was gung ho about GM, they could do no wrong in my eye's. Once I reached my 30's and 40's my opinion of GM and domestic auto-makers changed drastically and my admiration of what Honda, Toyota, and VW had begun producing began. I have never owned anything but GM out of respect to my father who retired from there after 40 years and his discount was good over the years (not so much anymore, you can do as good or better not admitting you have a GM discount). I used to be really picky about my vehicles and waxed them once a month and a scratch would ruin my year, let alone my kid dropping cheerio's in the back. But, as time went on I realized time spent throwing a ball to my kids was more important than having the shiniest car on the block, and when it can to selling a vehicle one that had been ate in was going to clean up the same and trade for the same as the one that had been babied for years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
gostate
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing