EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in the latest BOATING MAGAZINE it tested the gmc acadia, and the first thing it said was

GMCS NEW ACADIA ISN'T MEANT FOR HEAVY-DUTY TOWING.

but this newcomer to the SUV party brings things its full-framed v-8 big brother, the yukon,lack- a roomier interior is just one example. Since its more than 800 pounds lighter than the Yukon and a couple of inches lower to the ground, the acadia more agile, especially when running with out a tow. If you have a sprawling family and your boat falls within the Acadia's 4500 pound tow limit, this new offering warrants a spot on your radar.

The 3.6-liter V-6 under the hood makes up for its small size with 267(wrong should be 275), and help from a modern six-speed automatic. Its no slouch around town. it takes a mere 8.8 seconds to accelerate to 60.
I hitched up a 19' Regal bowrider weighing 3,780 pounds with trailer) to gauge its towing abilities. Acceleration was excellent- i spent just 16.2 seconds sprinting to 60 mph from a standing start. The four disc brake system-which worked well in conjunction with the effective surge brakes on my single-axle Trail-master halted this 4.5 ton rig from 60-0 in an impressively short 185 feet.

The squishy-soft ride i noticed when i unhitched the test load elsdom translates to confient dynamics with a boat trailer attached. The Acadia difies that notion by keeping its payload in line without wander or sway. Blustery winds couldn't budge it. There was no tendency to pich and float over pavement heaves. GMC engineers have obviously addressed towing needs by providing competent suspension damping.

At the launch ramp, the Acadia's combinaton of torque and traction made quick work of extracting my Regal. There wasn't a hint of wheel spin. The standard stability control system cures slippage at all speeds. Most new crossover SUVs provide token third-row seats. Acadia's are roomy enough for adult use. Hoo-rah!. I griped at gas mileage:the Acadia's small, hardworking engine is a thirsty beast that achieved only 8mpg in our mileage test, hardly better than a v-8

They tested a fully loaded awd version.

*PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST THIS ON THE ACADIA SITE ALSO*

1 - 1 of 1 Posts