EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When we ordered our Enclave in early July, I was told articulating head lights were not available yet.
So we receive our CLX last weekend, drove it to work, parked in the parking deck (dark enough for the lights to come on). I'm leaving from work and the head lights come on, they moved outward and then back to the straight position.
So do I have articulating head lights, or do all enclaves do this ?

I also seen some discussing about seat pockets missing, mine has them on the back of the driver and passenger seats. Is this where others were saying they only have a cord ?

Best regards,
Reg

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
The articulating headlights are part of the Luxury Package. They have been since day 1. I think the only issue is the constraints on the Luxury Package.

On our Enclave, built in April, on the back of the seats in only the elastic cord. There are no mesh pockets.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
reg255 said:
I also seen some discussing about seat pockets missing, mine has them on the back of the driver and passenger seats. Is this where others were saying they only have a cord ?

Best regards,
Reg
What the - You have pockets??? ??? I think it's time for internvetion from the GM crew. What's going on?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
axiama said:
What the - You have pockets??? ??? I think it's time for internvetion from the GM crew. What's going on?
What the.........?!?!?!?!!?!!? There are no pockets?!?!?[/color] :confused:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, pockets on the back of the Driver and Passenger seats. They are not mesh, they are leather like the seats.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yes reg255, if you turn the ignition on and the lights move left and right, then you have articulating headlights. Try driving around in dark parking lot, preferrably facing a wall and turn. You should notice the headlingts turn before you do.

I have the pockets and a string behind the driver and passenger seat. I thought this was normal. Our complaint was the string should be a net like the one on the concept pics.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
reg255 said:
Yes, pockets on the back of the Driver and Passenger seats. They are not mesh, they are leather like the seats.
That is what I have seen in all the Enclaves I have come across. I would be very disappointed to get one with elastic bands. Don't know if I'd take it. That is just cheap![/color] :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
OK, wait. I have leather pockets and then a cord. The brochure shows a mesh pocket attached to the cord. Do you have the mesh pocket?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FlavaClave,

Just walked out to look at the seats again, I have the same thing you do. A pocket with an elastic cord across the front of the pocket. Sorry if I miss stated the configuration.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I'm just jealous you people all have Enclaves to go check out, am a little concerned about you all though ;D

G

·
to make it simpler, if you have the luxury packedge you have articulating head lights, also are they bright blue or so they look like regular head lights, the difference is if they are HID or not.

these are both on the lux packedge, take a look at your window sticker.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Rollin Thunder,

I checked the sticker and it does say "steerable headlights" it does not say anything about HID. They are blue in color, so does that mean they are HIDs....

Thanks for the help,
Reg

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
All Enclaves have HID. It is standard.

G

·
zman said:
All Enclaves have HID. It is standard.
not around here, the first enclave i testdrove was a cx, no lux, and i turned on the lights and they were white not the blue hids like the acadia i used to have. Any way yes you do have HID's, the stickers around here don't say steerable head lights, it just said lux packedge and listed them in the packedge details.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Rollin Thunder said:
not around here, the first enclave i testdrove was a cx, no lux, and i turned on the lights and they were white not the blue hids like the acadia i used to have. Any way yes you do have HID's, the stickers around here don't say steerable head lights, it just said lux packedge and listed them in the packedge details.
Every piece of Buick literature I have read, including their current web page states that HID's are standard on all trim levels. That is what I am basing my comments on. All I can say with 100% certainty is that my CXL Luxury Package has them.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
I have a CX and my lights are blue (HID?) but they don't articulate. (Is that phrased right? Or should I say they are not articulating? Whatever.)

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
axiama said:
I have a CX and my lights are blue (HID?) but they don't articulate. (Is that phrased right? Or should I say they are not articulating? Whatever.)
That would make sense. They are HID, but since you have a CX you can not have the Luxury Package, thus no articulating headlights.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
So that settles it? Super heros to the rescue! :cheers:

·
Registered
743 Posts
axiama said:
Are you speaking of the Blue Ring around the Lights or the actual Lights themselves ? I'm very much interested in that but I haven't had a chance to check them out at night. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts