EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read on here about the difficulty of installing the molded assist steps due to having to remove the tires. Does anyone know if the chrome assist steps are also difficult to install? Do the tires also have to be removed for the chrome assist steps?

I was quoted $799 for the molded assist steps installed which appears to be a good price compared to some of the prices I have seen on here. However, I was also quoted $699 for the chrome assist steps installed which appears to be higher than most of the prices I have seen on here for the chrome assist steps. I have decided I want the chrome assist steps so I am looking at other order/installation alternatives. You can order the chrome assist steps thru gmpartsdirect for apprx $465 so I figured as long as installation was less than $200 then that was a good deal. So I asked my dealer for an installation quote and they would not give me one saying it depends how long it would take for them to install them and they would give me an hourly rate. Apparently they have never installed them before.

So if anyone has had the chrome assist steps installed and know the level of difficulty then please share. Thanks for the help in advance!

·
Registered
83 Posts
How much did it cost you in the end to have them installed? Are you satisfied with them? Have you considered chrome side moldings?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Finally have something to add to this forum. I had the Molded assist steps installed total cost 958.00, thought it was high, but the end results are terriffic. I see you are also from florida, I used my dealer Phillips Fruitland Park, fl. Good people in sales as well as parts and service. I considered the Chrome assist steps, but the molded really sets the E off just that much more. IMHO

Opa

1 - 3 of 3 Posts