EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that most believe that the sunroof is causing the leaks, but some may think it is the roof rack? There are a lot of holes in the roof. Most people with the problem say it has NOT been solved. This could become a BIG Lambda negative if a solution is not found soon.

GM, we are waiting....

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Is there a specific build date that is having the issue or not? I have the dual roofs and haven't had a problem as of yet. Just curious!

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a continuing problem. Some 2007 Acadia owners have a leak, and recent build Enclave owners, including my friend's father's Enclave built in October has a leak.
My Enclave was built in April 2007 and is dry.
As you know, all Enclaves & Acadias have roof racks, and I think 2/3 have sunroofs. I think most complaining of leaks have sunroofs.

MRBUICK

·
Registered
314 Posts
Is GM deaf, or is there no way for customers to get a non-PR response from the Lambda factory or a regional service manager on this? Surely, if it is major problem it's costing them good money on warranty repairs, so somebody (perhaps Pete Nico, Lansing's vehicle line director?) should be on top of the issue and be able to provide answers.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Warranty repair costs are one thing, but my concern is that they have not found the cause of the leaks. The repairs seem to be trial & error, mostly error, judging by the number of REPEAT service visits for the same thing. This is NOT a good thing.

MRBUICK

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GM insiders........any comments?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Have the dealers not done any good in this when it was taken back as a problem? I've seen a lot of demanding GM to fix it, but hardly anyone saying that they have been to the dealer and not gotten anything done about it.

BTW: Mine's tight as a drum, but if it were leaking on my interior, it would be in their shop right now and not coming home till it was fixed.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My friend's father has had it back to the dealer 3 or 4 times, and it still leaked, but now may be fixed.
Look at my last comment on the "Swiss Cheeze Enclave" thread.

·
Registered
405 Posts
3-4 times for same issue without resolution should be grounds for replacement under lemon law in some states I think. What state is he located in?

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NJ
but look at my edited previous comment.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Below are several posts I had with my experience on my Outlook (from an Outlook site). My understanding is that the 08's are corrected. Look not only at the sunroof drain but also the luggage racks. If you have an 07 and have not had any problems, make the dealer check and fix it before you do.

December 17th - We had not had any significant rain in Amarillo since I got my 07 back in June, and I had not had a problem while washing mine. Last week we had rain and mine started leaking down the drivers side seat belt, headliner and down into the emergency brake housing (flooding the floor board).

Dealer told me they were aware of the problem but that GM did not want to issue a recall since it may not effect everyone. Problem was that the drain tube on the moonroof was not connected, infact it was two inches short (they new this in production?). Dealer got in the fix kit, and did the work in one day. To dry out my truck the ran the engine (how long I don't know but it changed the MPG avg reading by 2) and ran the heat in the truck at 90 degrees.

I went to wash mine yesterday, and foud that it was leaking again over the drivers side. I be taking it in again.

January 3rd - I had the dealership fix the sunroof leak (tube not connected at factory, they had a repair kit for this, GM new about the problem [according to the dealership] but choose not to say anything and handle them on a problem by problem situation]. Since that was fixed I still had problems, and we think it was the luggage rack connections (mentioned by others previously). They went through and sealed anything that could be sealed, got all the stains out of the headliner and floor, time will tell but I feel confident that it has been corrected. The dealership was very accommodating and have taken care of the problems without hassle.

January 9th - Update: 1 rainstorm & 1 carwash = no leak!! Looks like it was the roof rack the second time around and the dealer got it fixed. They are also going to do a leather treatment on my seats as a courtesy for my troubles. They have bent over backwards for me. The service department manager has called me a couple of times to make sure everything is okay - what service!

January 15th - It wasn't that the hoses were shrinking up, they were never contected to begin with - to short. Glad your's is fixed.

January 5th - I had mine in again last week because of a leak again. It was the luggage rails. The way the sit, the rubber gaskit does not sit flush with the roof (it hangs over a narrow valley (for lack of a better word) and allows water to get up inside the bracket and run down the screw holes. They went through and sealed all of the screw holes with silicone, which should do the trick. From what I understand they have corrected the problem with the sunroofs in the 08's with a correct size drain tube. I would go for it.

January 7th - The dealership was wonderful and has fixed any of the problems. My beef is with GM and plant managers not fixing the problem when the found it at the factory. Seems to me a one day shut down and fix the tubes would have saved them money in the long run although it would have cost more for that one day. If these guys are fighting for our money you would think they would want to give us an error free car/truck (of course there would be exceptions for the un-forseen) to begin with.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
khansen30
Thank you for the detailed account of your leak repair.

MRBUICK

1 - 12 of 12 Posts