EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 300 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If your Enclave's wave plate failed, please contact your dealer to acquire your car's exact date of manufacture and post it here. Hopefully, this will help us to establish which production range is affected in order to prepare for a petition to GM to recall or repair the affected VIN range, in light of at least one reported potential safety incident to date.

Please post only the manufacturing date and nothing else in your post, as follows:

07/12/07 (<--- example only)

Again, the entire post should appear only as in the example above. Thanks.

EDIT: Though less precise, the manufacturing date on the placard in the driver's door will suffice, as well.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Looks like range so far is July 2007 - December 2007. Disappointing that there are so few inputs as this seems like a great way to narrow down the exposure time for this particular failure. Can't do a petition on such limited data - so come on folks - anti up and provide some input please...... The date is on the drivers side door decal with the VIN and other information and easy to get to.

·
Registered
5,902 Posts
ENCLAVEDUDE said:
Looks like range so far is July 2007 - December 2007. Disappointing that there are so few inputs as this seems like a great way to narrow down the exposure time for this particular failure. Can't do a petition on such limited data - so come on folks - anti up and provide some input please...... The date is on the drivers side door decal with the VIN and other information and easy to get to.
EnclaveDude, GoldEnclave's post was just an example of what we are looking for here. He hasn't actually experienced a failure. But, yes. Please everyone else post your E's MFG. date -just the date - if you HAVE had this failure.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
It appears that the wave plate issue my be limited to a very few vehicles in a narrow build range. That may explain why GM doesn't issue any kind of special warranty, but deals with them on a case by case basis. You may be seeing what seems like a lot on this forum because the people who post here are more likely have issues.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JerseyDevil said:
It appears that the wave plate issue my be limited to a very few vehicles in a narrow build range. That may explain why GM doesn't issue any kind of special warranty, but deals with them on a case by case basis. You may be seeing what seems like a lot on this forum because the people who post here are more likely have issues.
This is exactly what my dealer's chief service writer claims.

·
Registered
5,902 Posts
As GoldEnclave had originally indicated - Please post only the manufacturing date and nothing else in your post

·
Registered
5,902 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
to the top. I can't believe after all the bit*h*ng about wave plates more of the guys affected won't take the time to find the build date on the drivers door and post it. If they did, we might have a better idea of the build dates with a problem and the post would stay active.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
10/07

·
Registered
5,902 Posts
Bumpity, bump, bump!

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So far there have been only 7 responses. If we don't get many more, perhaps my dealer is correct in claiming that the problem is not too common. In possible support of that notion, the wave plate failure polls on this forum have not gotten huge responses, either. I would be very happy if the wave plate failure issue is actually fairly isolated.

1 - 20 of 300 Posts
About this Discussion
299 Replies
77 Participants
[email protected]
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing