EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

261 - 280 of 300 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know if the AWD or FWD are more susceptible to the wave plate fail since the tranny is different?

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #263
maxclave said:
Does anyone know if the AWD or FWD are more susceptible to the wave plate fail since the tranny is different?
You read my mind. I was going to ask the same question. But, as far as I know, there hasn't been any obvious difference in the wave plate failure rate between the FWD vs. AWD variants.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #264

·
Registered
159 Posts
GerryL said:
Don't know if anyone has looked at this statistically. There's about 30 dates provided and I took a quick look at them on a timeline. There are none before August '07 and the last seems to be April '09. There is a particularly big slug in late '07 with a peak at October and Nov and another slightly smaller but notable heavy grouping built in late '08. Considering that Enclaves were made as early as April '07 and Acadia's obviously go back a ways before that, it is interesting to see that the earliest ones may not have the issue.
So much for the theory of none before August '07. I now see that one has recently been posted on the Outlook forum that was built in January of 2007

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #266
GerryL said:
So much for the theory of none before August '07. I now see that one has recently been posted on the Outlook forum that was built in January of 2007
Perhaps the relatively small sample size of 30 respondents isn't adequate to properly capture the manufacturing dates that are likely involved?

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
Perhaps the relatively small sample size of 30 respondents isn't adequate to properly capture the manufacturing dates that are likely involved?
Perhaps..... but also keeping in mind that not all E owners are members of this forum. Or aren't anymore b/c of the wave plate failure. Maybe not even reporting it here. But who knows. With mine being a 04/24/07 build,
clench my teeth, bite the bullet, grin and bear it every time I turn the key and drive my "Cherry-Ot". I haven't had anymore issues for quite awhile. Fingers crossed not have any soon. Now the Sienna needs a muffler or something. Sounds like a dragster......

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #268
cfedor, it's sad that you fear every time you start your Enclave that the wave plate may fail. I have a similar nagging concern with my 98,000 mile 2008.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I feel like I can't be the first one to hear of this, but the '07 - '09 Lambdas are now covered for wave plate failure.

The vehicles mentioned above will be covered for a period of 10 years from the DOM, or to 120,000 miles, whichever comes first. Apparently this bulletin was just released a few weeks ago.

EDIT: I now see that it has already been mentioned!

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
notstock4long said:
I feel like I can't be the first one to hear of this, but the '07 - '09 Lambdas are now covered for wave plate failure.

The vehicles mentioned above will be covered for a period of 10 years from the DOM, or to 120,000 miles, whichever comes first. Apparently this bulletin was just released a few weeks ago.

EDIT: I now see that it has already been mentioned!
:thumb: :happy:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
In Canada its covered for 10 years or 193,000 km in the letter I received dated Mar 2015

If you paid to have the work preformed then you have till Mar 31, 2016 to apply for reimbursement

My just over $3000 claim was submitted today

2008 Enclave
06/2008 build
FWD
Failed at 159,800km (approx 100,000 miles)

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
IMHIP2 said:
In Canada its covered for 10 years or 193,000 km in the letter I received dated Mar 2015

If you paid to have the work preformed then you have till Mar 31, 2016 to apply for reimbursement

My just over $3000 claim was submitted today

2008 Enclave
06/2008 build
FWD
Failed at 159,800km (approx 100,000 miles)
Keep us posted as to getting/not getting your reimbursement check. Fingers crossed for you IMHIP2!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
cfedor said:
Keep us posted as to getting/not getting your reimbursement check. Fingers crossed for you IMHIP2!
Thanks - I'm not too worried as the work was done by GM Dealer and I had them submit it :cheers:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Here is the update:

Since Enclave was in for service today, gave them info for reimbursement this morning, it was approved and service adviser said I should look for a cheque in the mail in 1 to 2 weeks.

Then service advisor called back and just informed me the dealer processed the reimbursement cheque and have stapled it to my invoice. :blob:

Now that's service! Thanks Highland

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Here I am at 48000 miles, built April 2007, delivered June 2007 and I have all the symptoms of a wave plate failure. Service Stabilitrack & Traction Control warnings coming on, and today the trans started slipping, getting sloppy changing gears and delay going into gear. Our 2008 Enclave is going in tomorrow for evaluation and I hope it makes it there as it is deteriorating rapidly. If not I will call On Star for a tow. In a few months the extended warranty will expire so I guess the timing is good considering the circumstances.
MRBUICK

·
Registered
795 Posts
MRBUICK said:
Here I am at 48000 miles, built April 2007, delivered June 2007 and I have all the symptoms of a wave plate failure. Service Stabilitrack & Traction Control warnings coming on, and today the trans started slipping, getting sloppy changing gears and delay going into gear. Our 2008 Enclave is going in tomorrow for evaluation and I hope it makes it there as it is deteriorating rapidly. If not I will call On Star for a tow. In a few months the extended warranty will expire so I guess the timing is good considering the circumstances.
MRBUICK
Thank goodness you bought the extended warranty. If it is the tranny, it justified the cost of the extended warranty. Hopefully the new dealer will treat you as well as your old one.

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
MrBuick is in luck.

If it is indeed the wave plate, his 08. delivered in June 07--- still falls into the extended warranty of 10 yr/120,000.

but only 48,000 on an 08.
Like my sis and her hubby.
They have a 2010 Silverado. I have a 2010 Traverse. I have 124,200... they have 26,000. :p

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
I drove it to my local go-to fix-all mechanic this morning for his opinion as I trust him as he has never steered me wrong. After he had trouble getting it into reverse, and I told him about the extended warranty, he said to take it to the dealer. As I would now consider it un-driveable, I called On-Star for roadside assistance. I had been planning on cancelling for many months but never got around to it. At least the 10-12 miles tow to the dealer is covered. It will be picked up Monday morning and delivered directly to Green Brook Buick. They were very helpful on the phone so I am hopeful of a good dealer experience. I will report back sometime next week.

MRBUICK

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
gostate said:
Thank goodness you bought the extended warranty. If it is the tranny, it justified the cost of the extended warranty. Hopefully the new dealer will treat you as well as your old one.
I did NOT buy an extended warranty as I normally do not consider them money well spent. However, I received a letter from GM maybe 3 years ago stating that GM is extending the warranty for wave plate failures for 10 years/100,000 miles. As I am just a few months from 10 years, I trust that all will be covered.

261 - 280 of 300 Posts
About this Discussion
299 Replies
77 Participants
[email protected]
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing