EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2014 Enclave Premium AWD and the auto climate control works great in the summer, but in the winter months it pretty much can set your feet on fire if you are on a trip more than 10 minutes in. Is that normal? Is there any way to program the ECU to distribute it through the upper vents. Probably not, but this thing get insanely hot on the floor.

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
713 Posts
Are both sides set at the same temp? My problem in the winter is that my daughter like her side cooler which throws off the balance too much in My opinion. I try to keep both sides within a couple degrees otherwise one side tries to compensate for the other. How long have you had this vehicle and has it ever worked to expectation?

·
Super Moderator
574 Posts
In auto, no, you can't pick where the heat comes out. Hot air rises so in auto it's going to push the heat out the floor vents because it results in more even heat in the cabin. Same reason while when it's cooling the air comes out the upper vents. You can override it and pick the top vents while heating but at that point it's no longer in auto and will simply keep blowing what ever temperature air you have selected at what ever fan speed you have selected.

This is how it's worked on every car I've owned with auto climate control... Mazda, Buick, VW and Audi. Sometimes when it's REALLY cold, or my hands are freezing from clearing off the car I'll force it to the front vents and once the car and my fingers warm up I'll switch it back to auto.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts