EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

This is my first post so I thank you all for any advice in advance. My wife has an 18 Avenir and when she takes it to our local Jon’s Auto Wash the guys always yell at her because she can’t figure out how and when to get it into neutral once she pulls in. I then tried it myself and had the same issue. The car didn’t shift to neutral the first time I tried and the wheels spun and flung us forward once we contacted the rollers. I was able to get it into neutral after that but it wasn’t a smooth process. Any help would be great. Thank you!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Somebody is pulling your leg on that 'open door' thing.
You hold in the button on the shifter, then hold it in the forward position more than 1 or 2 seconds, and it will go into N.
On a similar note, you can go into L low gear by holding it to the rear position for 2 seconds. However, I did this accidentally once when I didn't know I was already in D Drive, and of course couldn't accelerate much. When I realized it, I kind of panicked because how do you go just to D and not to N from L.? Got it finally.
I am NOT a fan of these silly joystick shifters.

Hi everyone,

This is my first post so I thank you all for any advice in advance. My wife has an 18 Avenir and when she takes it to our local Jon’s Auto Wash the guys always yell at her because she can’t figure out how and when to get it into neutral once she pulls in. I then tried it myself and had the same issue. The car didn’t shift to neutral the first time I tried and the wheels spun and flung us forward once we contacted the rollers. I was able to get it into neutral after that but it wasn’t a smooth process. Any help would be great. Thank you!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Somebody is pulling your leg on that 'open door' thing.
You hold in the button on the shifter, then hold it in the forward position more than 1 or 2 seconds, and it will go into N.
On a similar note, you can go into L low gear by holding it to the rear position for 2 seconds. However, I did this accidentally once when I didn't know I was already in D Drive, and of course couldn't accelerate much. When I realized it, I kind of panicked because how do you go just to D and not to N from L.? Got it finally.
I am NOT a fan of these silly joystick shifters.
The 'open door' thing is correct for 'Engine Off Driver out of Vehicle' car wash mode.

·
Registered
6 Posts
...and to put it in Low, you don't need to hold the button at all. From Drive, just pull down into Low. Switches instantly. Pull down again and it goes right back into Drive.
Well, I only mentioned Low because it was a mistake. Original poster was talking about Neutral, of course. So do I need to hold the button to move to Neutral? I would try but Mrs has the car. And, I didn't know about 'driver out of vehicle' mode.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, I only mentioned Low because it was a mistake. Original poster was talking about Neutral, of course. So do I need to hold the button to move to Neutral? I would try but Mrs has the car. And, I didn't know about 'driver out of vehicle' mode.
OOoohhhh, your car wash is the kind where you get out of the car and it is pulled thru. My car wash is the kind where you sit in the car and get pushed or rolled thru. So I use N.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts