EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone -- I thought I read in the brochure somewhere that there is a feature that automatically reduces the radio volume depending on the noise, for instance, when you exit the freeway and come to a stop, I'm always turning the radio down -- just depending on where I am in traffic, how fast I'm going, etc. I haven't seen any posts about this and how it is working. Sounds like a great feature, any input?

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
This feature was set to "off" on our Enclave when we received it. I have turned it on and it helps. It's not perfect but I like it. I believe it's a menu selection in the DIC that you select.

·
Registered
509 Posts
It's usually set up to be speed dependent, with just a few slight ups and downs as speed rises or falls, so you theoretically HEAR the same level of sound, regardless of whether you're sitting still or cruising. Usually, also, imperceptible--we've had several GM vehicles with it, and you never notice any change, which is the whole point.

I think there also used to be, if there still isn't, either a DIC or radio setting where you could aside from just turning it on or off, vary how much it changes with speed (either a lot or a little). Or at least, I'm thinking there was, on something we had.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
caddycruiser said:
It's usually set up to be speed dependent, with just a few slight ups and downs as speed rises or falls, so you theoretically HEAR the same level of sound, regardless of whether you're sitting still or cruising. Usually, also, imperceptible--we've had several GM vehicles with it, and you never notice any change, which is the whole point.

I think there also used to be, if there still isn't, either a DIC or radio setting where you could aside from just turning it on or off, vary how much it changes with speed (either a lot or a little). Or at least, I'm thinking there was, on something we had.
Yes you can set it at low medium or high for the amount of compensation.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I have had it on my last three GM vehicles and I love it. And that is correct, you can change/adjust it in the DIC. It was off when I picked up my Enclave, too. Very easy to figure out once you get you vehicle (before Thanksgiving, hopefully, waiting!!)[/color] :cheers:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh don't get me going Rosita! I am really optimistic actually! My customer service rep told me it would probably be the last week of Nov. Then yesterday my salesman called to say he has some paperwork that came in, and that he's putting it in the mail, he ALSO said that the paperwork usually shows up a few days before the vehicle! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I'm not holding my breath....

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
waitingsince 8-10 said:
Oh don't get me going Rosita! I am really optimistic actually! My customer service rep told me it would probably be the last week of Nov. Then yesterday my salesman called to say he has some paperwork that came in, and that he's putting it in the mail, he ALSO said that the paperwork usually shows up a few days before the vehicle! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I'm not holding my breath....
That's EXACTLY how it happened for me!! Look out...NEXT WEEK!!![/color] :blob:

G

·
it works really well i keep mine on mid, on all of them, but i only have two volume levels anyway. loud and louder.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts