EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey LDT team members, over on the Acadia forum they are reporting that the new '08 Acadia/Outlook has an enhanced intelligent AWD system improved over the '07 models similar to the Acura sh-AWD system. Is this true for the Enclave as well? Mine is being built later this month.

Also, 2008 Acadia AWD models feature an Intelligent AWD system that delivers enhanced driving dynamics and a more refined driving experience. Intelligent AWD takes full-time AWD performance to the next level by incorporating dynamic yaw control and fully integrating with the StabiliTrak electronic stability control system. A target vehicle yaw rate is established based on driver inputs and driving conditions. Intelligent AWD manages the torque distribution to maintain the vehicle’s target yaw rate and optimize yaw stability. As in the previous AWD system, the front-to-rear torque distribution is also managed to optimize the vehicle’s traction capability. In addition to reducing understeer and improving cornering capability, Intelligent AWD provides significant performance improvements on snow and gravel. For the driver, this means optimized vehicle dynamics and control.
http://media.gm.com/us/gmc/en/product_services/r_cars/r_c_acadia/index.html

·
Registered
86 Posts
I believe your Enclave should have it too. It's new software and calibration for 2008. If it's being built later this month, it should definitely have it. What I'm not sure of is whether the Enclaves began production with this AWD programming or if it was a change that came in when the 2008 Acadia and Outlook started up.

·
Registered
55 Posts
ccaats,

Here is a link about the Enclave from the same site.

http://media.gm.com/us/buick/en/product_services/r_cars/r_c_enclave/index.html

Also below is an excerpt about the Enclaves Intelligent AWD...

An available, intelligent all-wheel-drive system provides full-time function. It enhances both dry road handling and provides increased traction on wet, snow and ice-covered roads. The system works by delivering a controlled amount of torque to the rear wheels. There is no driver intervention; the system automatically decides how to distribute torque based upon vehicle speed, throttle position and individual wheel slip. The AWD system is integrated with the electronic traction control to provide outstanding capability in inclement weather. Four-wheel disc brakes with ABS, traction control and StabiliTrak electronic stability control with rollover mitigation technology are standard on all models.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks lzwhb.....I am continually appreciative of you responding to our questions and keeping us in the loop! Once again, thanks for the insight and thanks for your hard work on making this an excellent transmission package with the updates.

·
Registered
42 Posts
lzwhb....Is there any way we can determine one way or the other if we got it? Ours was built in late June right before the two week shutdown but I believe that was after the new 08 Acadia/Outlook startup?

I had always assumed we got the new setup but did not realize some Enclaves may not have gotten it...

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
For those built prior to June is it simply another flash update or there are any physical differences and hence cannot be achived?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts