EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any issues w/their AWD, such as noise when taking off from standstill?

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
None here.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Mine makes a slight "clunk", but this seems to be only when I get going the first time for the day. I don't really notice it otherwise.

·
Registered
259 Posts
None with mine.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
xrayman said:
Mine makes a slight "clunk", but this seems to be only when I get going the first time for the day. I don't really notice it otherwise.
I have started noticing this recently (have about 3400 miles on it now). It happends when I start the engine and go, never happens when I am stopped even if the gear was at P. It occurs 10 to 30 feet after I start driving, again, only when i cut the engine and restart.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
coop said:
I have started noticing this recently (have about 3400 miles on it now). It happends when I start the engine and go, never happens when I am stopped even if the gear was at P. It occurs 10 to 30 feet after I start driving, again, only when i cut the engine and restart.
xrayman I have noticed the same thing, I was just wanting to make sure I wasnt the only one. Does anyone know if this normal for AWD? This is my first AWD so I am in the dark. Thanks.

·
Registered
360 Posts
nam68, to be more accurate, it seems to make the slight 'clunk' when it is a new start, i.e. the car has been off. I don't notice it starting from a stop light, etc. When I notice it from leaving the house, it is always at the same spot in the driveway, guess I didn't think too much of it. It is one of those things that I never know what to make of. AWD is one of those things that you don't really know if it is working until you get stuck I guess! For now, I'm not inclined to do much about it. Is this the noise you where describing? ???

·
Registered
360 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
xrayman said:
SWEEEEET!! Thanks for the info. I think that is exactly what I experience.

I keep telling people that this "internet thing" may actually catch on!! ;D
[/quote

:ditto:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
coop said:
I have it too! But only after backing up more than 2 feet! Never again while driving forward/stopping all day. seems like "things are hooking up" in the AWD???? My Yukon AWD doesn't do it ever!! ( Yes it's an AWD Yukon (like a Denali).....not a 4WD! But it's a 4 speed.
I will check w/ dealer ASAP.

G

·
is your yukon a denali, thats why its an AWD, i didn't check the link it may say the same thing im saying, but it sounds like the ABS or Stabilitrak doing its checks. It also may be the torque adjuster, that sends torque from back to front, or now i think side to side. im not sure but it may be it, usnt it 90X10 and then it changes all the way to 60X40

i am not sure as i have never had a denali until tuesday but does it work like the enclave or is it equal power to all wheels all the time.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
No, my Yukon is not a Denali, but I special ordered an AWD system in it. (no selector that says, 4HI, AWD,4Lo,etc.like the normal 4WD units have.) But unlike a Denali I DO have 4LO as the only option to select! For the beach! Anyway, never made a "connection/hook-up noise" like the Enclave does. I'd be worried except it only does it after backing out of driveway, then rolling forward. ("clunk,click" sound). Rest of day is good.
No way it's a Stabilitrac/ABS noise. I've heard plenty of them.

Will have dealer listen as it's easy to reproduce!

G

·
Smokin SRX said:
No, my Yukon is not a Denali, but I special ordered an AWD system in it. (no selector that says, 4HI, AWD,4Lo,etc.like the normal 4WD units have.) But unlike a Denali I DO have 4LO as the only option to select! For the beach! Anyway, never made a "connection/hook-up noise" like the Enclave does. I'd be worried except it only does it after backing out of driveway, then rolling forward. ("clunk,click" sound). Rest of day is good.
No way it's a Stabilitrac/ABS noise. I've heard plenty of them.

Will have dealer listen as it's easy to reproduce!
thats preety awsome, now since yours was a custom order, its not going to act like the enclave, so you dont know if that is how its supposed to act. :blob: :thumb:

OFFTOPIC, why do you use 4LO, 4 HI works great for me on the beach. :help: ???

when i got in to 4HI it makes a click but that may be the electronic transfer case working, i dont think the enclaves have those.

i did a custom order for my yukon too, i had them put a 6.0 in even though its only a 1500. 8) 8)

EDIT- FORGOT SMILIES

·
Registered
743 Posts
Rollin Thunder + Black Bandit said:
thats preety awsome, now since yours was a custom order, its not going to act like the enclave, so you dont know if that is how its supposed to act. :blob: :thumb:

OFFTOPIC, why do you use 4LO, 4 HI works great for me on the beach. :help: ???

when i got in to 4HI it makes a click but that may be the electronic transfer case working, i dont think the enclaves have those.

i did a custom order for my yukon too, i had them put a 6.0 in even though its only a 1500. 8) 8)

EDIT- FORGOT SMILIES
My Sierra Denali also has a 6.0 Liter Engine and it's also rated at 1500, but the towing capacity is more than the standard 1500. It's also AWD.

G

·
the yukons had a 5.3 flexfuel for the 1500, and you could only get the 6.0 on the denali or the 2500 (you can get the 8.1 on the 2500 too), but the new denali's like my new sierra have the 6.2 man i wish the yukon had that engine, can that baby go. but its great knowing some friends who build them, so i pulled some strings and paid a little extra and got them to put a 6.0 in my yukon, other wise i would have gotton a 5.3.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Yeah, I've got the 5.3, and it does the job while returning 20 MPG on the highway. Not that the 6.2 wouldn't thrillme! It sounds incredible when it starts up!!! I only use 4LO as an "escape gear"! I'm sure you know that you get "into an area" with 4HI, and use 4LO as an emergency escape plan :thumb: Only used it once on the beach...................pulled out a Toyota Forunner :blob:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts