EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told by my dealer that the AWD powertrain does not add any humps or cause any changes in the flat floorpanel design of the Enclave (vs. the FWD). Since I have yet to see one in person, I can't personally confirm this. Can an owner(s) confirm this for me?

As a side note, does anyone have any tech details on the AWD implementation and design/layout of the Enclave powertrain?

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
All I can tell you is that the second row of our AWD is still flat, no humps.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that's pretty comforting. From the Acadias I looked at I couldn't tell any differences in the floorpan, but with the Enclave not sharing a lot of sheet metal and having a slightly different interior and ride height I just wanted to make sure!

·
Registered
612 Posts
osli said:
I was told by my dealer that the AWD powertrain does not add any humps or cause any changes in the flat floorpanel design of the Enclave (vs. the FWD). Since I have yet to see one in person, I can't personally confirm this. Can an owner(s) confirm this for me?

As a side note, does anyone have any tech details on the AWD implementation and design/layout of the Enclave powertrain?
I am also considering the FWD powertrain. Does anyone know - for sure - if, when the powered front wheel slips on ice, does the other powered front wheel then provide power? I won't buy FWD if only the one wheel is EVER powered. My inlaws have a 97 Sillouhette Van. It gets stuck if one wheel is on ice...

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
zman said:
All I can tell you is that the second row of our AWD is still flat, no humps.
whew, thanks for that :comfort: info. sure dont wanna be tripping over any humps when i get in my car.

·
Registered
259 Posts
MuddyZ said:
I see them everyday, you can't tell by looking in them or at them from the outside if it is a fwd or an awd.
Why no AWD labeling on the outside?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Gator said:
Why no AWD labeling on the outside?
Another goof by GM. Acadia's and Outlooks have the AWD labeling when equipped.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I don't think it's a goof. I think they probably did this on purpose. The Enclave is going for a more luxury/near-luxury look and feel. I've noticed that many luxury and near-luxury AWD vehicles do not put any AWD labels on the outside.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts