EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My folks live on top of a mountain. Coming down the mountain either requires copious amounts of brake pedal or a lower gear. Everyone chooses to come down the mountain in 2nd or 3rd gear. I've done the same 1000 times. This afternoon, I did the same thing and about 1/2 way down the mountain, the check engine light started flashing. I shifted back into drive and used my brakes down the rest of the hill. Finally, after I had been back on relatively level ground for a couple miles, the CEL went off. I stopped and plugged in my OBD2 connector and checked the codes. I came up with something about a "B" camshaft code and something like 500+ misfire codes. The truck never missed a beat that I noticed and never overheated. I checked the codes about a week ago when I first got both the OBD2 reader and the software. There were no active codes at that time so these codes were set since then.

I cleared the codes. I'm not going to get too stressed over it unless they come back but I'm still curious what the codes mean (especially the camshaft one) and I'm still curious as to what would have caused them in the first place.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Possibly more info on this. Just checked the Enclave using OBD Fusion. Looking at the Mode $06 setting/section, I'm seeing these "errors".
$35-VVT Monitor Bank 1
TID $9A-Manufacturer Defined
15 Min | [63.07 Value (This is in red)] | 36.68 Max | deg (big red X)
TID $9B-Manufacturer Defined
15 Min | [63.07 Value (This is in red)] | 36.68 Max | deg (big red X)

Everything else has a pretty green checkmark by it.

I'm NO mechanic (changing a flat tire is a stretch for me) but it looks like this has something to do with the camshaft and/or variable valve timing (VVT) solenoid. Can anyone concur? If so, can this be changed by a complete novice or would this be better left to a mechanic? Is there something else these (along with the initial CEL) might suggest? I'm fresh out of money and I sure can't afford to rebuild the motor so if there's something I need to do (other than change the oil which is @ about 35% oil life), let me know so I can be proactive.

Thanks as always!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
1 Participant
MONK
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing