EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

Have you admitted to your friends & family that you own/will own a Buick?

• Yes, and proud of it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but trying not to be obvious

• No, trying to drop a few hints

• **** NO, I am still in the closet

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you admitted to your friends & family that you own/will own a Buick?
This sort of evolved from my last poll "Is this your first Buick"
After reading a few of the responses, I began to wonder if there are some closet "Enclavites".

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rollin Thunder said:
i voted, BUT FOR WHAT :eek:
You may now come out of the closet. ::)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Whenever someone comments on my Enclave, I can't help but to say, yea, I can't believe I bought a Buick, but I love it! I am a bit car-challeged, but wasn't the Buick Riviera a "cool" Buick back in the day? My hubby had a pimped out one before we were married. Well pimped out as it could be in the late '80's.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
I always tell people I'm driving a Buick. If they've seen it I get a kick out of their dumbfounded expression when I tell them they're looking at a Buick. If they haven't seen it I get a kick out of their forced polite reaction "Oh, that's nice." >:D

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Heck, I even sing that old jingle from the commericals of the 60's..."Wouldn't you really rather drive a Buick?" Of course, I am pretty old...[/color] :angel:

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rosita2001 said:
Heck, I even sing that old jingle from the commericals of the 60's..."Wouldn't you really rather drive a Buick?" Of course, I am pretty old...[/color] :angel:
If you are pretty old, and I am pretty old, then we certainly do not fit the age of the average Enclave buyer. ;D :angel:

·
Registered
525 Posts
I guess that makes me pretty old too. I was a teen when they were singing "Wouldn't you really rather drive a Buick". I chalk up the age profile to "You're as young as you feel"!!! ;D That's why we're driving Enclaves!!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
jacko said:
I guess that makes me pretty old too. I was a teen when they were singing "Wouldn't you really rather drive a Buick". I chalk up the age profile to "You're as young as you feel"!!! ;D That's why we're driving Enclaves!!
I agree 100%! You're as young as you feel! Age is only a number! Yada, yada, yada... :blahblah:

Hey Jacko, I see we haven't been banned for our nasty dancing bananas! [/color]
:eek:

·
Registered
525 Posts
Rosita2001 said:
I agree 100%! You're as young as you feel! Age is only a number! Yada, yada, yada... :blahblah:

Hey Jacko, I see we haven't been banned for our nasty dancing bananas! [/color]
:eek:
Well, after all, it's only fruit!!! ;)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Initially my wife instructed me to tell everyone we bought on Enclave and try to leave Buick out of the conversation. However we haven't recieved it yet and she is already softenen up considerably. I suspect after a week of driving we mignt see her blogging about Buick! :friday:

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This poll has not been active. Because of the current state of affairs within GM, I am bringing it back to the top. We might get some new and interesting feedback.

MRBUICK

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I have been out of the closet since I just before I bought.

The day I bought the Enclave I came home and said to my wife,

ME: "Ok, I am officially old now."

WIFE: "Why, did you buy a Buick?"

ME: "Yes, I did."

WIFE: "Your kidding? Really?" (she knew I was looking though - but at a Traverse)

Then later on that evening discussing things on over the phone with my dad I mention.

ME: "I bought an Enclave."

DAD: "Well I guess you're old now. Just like your Uncle Doug and Uncle Ed. They both have Enclaves." (I did not know this at the time)

ME: "They aren't old, they are wise. The Enclave is really nice and very quiet"

DAD: "Maybe I should get one too. That darn Jeep is really noisy." (2007 SRT8)

My Father-in-law is also envious. He is a big GM fan and was really excited because I called him to ask advise as to if I should buy it.

I get alot of compliments on our Enclave. Funny thing is my oldest daugher's (15) friends all compliment me on it.
Those people at work who are just starting families are coming up and asking me questions and say how much they like the look of it.

AH. Do I miss my minivan. Nope.

·
Registered
179 Posts
MRBUICK said:
This poll has not been active. Because of the current state of affairs within GM, I am bringing it back to the top. We might get some new and interesting feedback.

MRBUICK
Glad you brought this forward! Regardless of what's going on with GM currently or the image of Buick brand, we are very happy campers and so proud of it.

WRT "old" image of Buick, I am not sure if the present day's young generation is even aware of it. They seem to think it's a "cool" car inside and out.

·
Premium Member
21,166 Posts
A lot of people seem surprised that the Enclave is a Buick. My wife and I have gotten so many compliments from friends and strangers alike. I have even overheard some passersby say things like, "Wow, that's a Buick!" and "Wow, and it's a Buick, too!" I even heard a guy in his mid 20's shout, "ENCLAVE!!" as I drove out of a municipal parking garage late one night a few months ago! I am proud to say that I own a Buick! 8)

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
One friend, who is fond of Hondas, Volvos, SUbarus, Toyotas, etc asked? "You got a Buick?" He was genuinely surprised... ??? ??? couldn't believe that American cars could possibly be as good as the former... I guess he reads Car and Driver? ???

·
Registered
253 Posts
I always tell everybody I got BUICK, and let them pause...
...I think I am missing something: what is wrong with Buick? besides that they do not make pick-ups. I do not see them down here too much. Old people drive pickups or Cadillacks here. 8)

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Since the Enclave is clearly such an exceptional vehicle, the fact we're driving a Buick is (or should be) a complete non-issue.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I just found out that a friend's daughter bought an Enclave and absolutely loves it. She is thirty something.

However I have seen some Duffers and Geezers behind the wheel of an Enclave. I suppose I would be considered by some to be somewhat of a Duffette myself, so I have permission to call others by that description.

I have seen Duffers drive Lexus's, too. There's one who pulls out of my driveway on a regular basis.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts