EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
1. I’m having some issues that keep drawing my battery down. I noticed that the Onstar buttons on the mirror will not go off. I know this is linked to the issue at the moment. Where do I look from here or what can I disconnect to stop this?
2. I have a new alternator due to not knowing the charging system ins and out I changed it thinking it wasn’t charging when the meter dropped below 13v.
it only has 10k on it now and charges just fine. But my concern is that the ECM is calling for to much for most of my driving time. 45-50 min commute one way. I have a digital meter plugged in the power port and it shows 12.6-12.8 vdc while parked and everything is off. While driving its charging 15.1-15.3 vdc.
The battery is new and holds a good charge until it’s pulled down by a module staying on. I can disconnect the negative cable and wait. Everything resets and works normal for about one to two weeks then starts all over. Any information will be very much appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
66 Posts
Question, what is happening, do you have a "no start" situation where the car won't start, but tries to? (starts to turn over but seems to not have enough juice to "get over the hump"?) Does it give that "click click click" when you turn the key or no?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Question, what is happening, do you have a "no start" situation where the car won't start, but tries to? (starts to turn over but seems to not have enough juice to "get over the hump"?) Does it give that "click click click" when you turn the key or no?
If the voltage is below 11 it’ll try to turn but not enough to get going.
It will turn over and start at 11.5 volts. It usually take 12-14 hours to pull below 11.5. Most of my days it only sits for 10 hours then commute to work is 45-50 minutes at highway speeds then sits for 12-13 hours at work. Is there a reprogram sequence that can be done to resolve the modules staying on problem?

·
Registered
66 Posts
My question was to find out how similar your issues were to mine, which was symptoms like a drain, but turned out to be the starter itself. Yours sounds slightly different, so good luck in finding it.

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
if you dont use Onstar--- There may be some threads- where people disconnected the Onstar Module. and will say where the box is located.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts