EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Battery was drained but now after charging nothing is working - no interior lights, no ignition and for some reason I can't remove key from ignition. Fairly certain the battery is still good but it should at the very least power the interior lights. Any help greatly appreciate it!

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Look into the Mega Fuse.... it tends to go out- and the interior fuse box- loses all power.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
im looking for a picture of the mega fuse...
I know for sure- these were on the Trailblazerz/Envoys. Many times these blew- when someone jumped the vehicle.
Ill see if I can find it on my Traverse.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The mega fuse sounds like a possible culprit- is that in the engine bay fuse box or is it all on it's own?

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Joimbohlia, I looked all over the threads-- and cant find a mega fuse mention by other owners.
Just my mention. I may have given you false info.
But the Trailblazers and Envoys definitely had them- and many times blew when folks jump started their vehicles.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I believe it's called a "Fuseable Link"

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
750 Posts
How are you making out Jim? Do you have a voltage tester? Can you check for 12V at the engine compartment fuse block/Jump start terminal?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I do have a voltage meter and used it to get a reading on the battery. It turns out it only had about 3 volts on it. I've had my battery tender on the battery for the last few days so I figured it would have a decent amount of charge but it was pretty much dead. I think what has been killing the battery is the aftermarket stereo I just installed- I needed a 'ignition on' power source so I tried running a wire to several different fuses but they were all charged even with ignition off (even if that accessory didn't work with ignition off- this makes no sense!) Anyway, I ended up just leaving it on an always charged fuse and just hit the power button on the unit before I got out of the car as a temporary solution so I could at least listen to the radio while driving. The problem is I think the radio didn't completely turn off and sucked power while shut off and that's why I ended up with the dieing battery. Does anyone know a way to tap into a ignition switched only power source?

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Items in vehicle remain powered for 10 min. then shut off.
Its possible that by tapping into a circuit-- its causing the vehicle systems to NOT go to sleep.... everything remains awake.
I remember there being a service bulletin. Something about not tapping into the overhead lights for example.
There is an ignition switched circuit- in the rearview mirror.
Folks use that to power their radar and little cameras to record while they drive.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had recent experience have dead batt which was caused by fuel pump which had a bad switch and it kept running after exiting car. Note: There are 2 fuel pumps and is difficult to hear running. You will need test equipment to locate and professional to replace.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So it turns out the dead battery is from the aftermarket radio I installed- I ran the 'switched on' power source from a fuse in the cabin fuse box- those fuses stay hot no matter what fuse you hook in to so I was just powering the radio off after driving while I searched for a solution but it turned out the power button just turned the screen off but it still sucked power.
I did find a switched on power source in the black/yellow wire in the rear view mirror

·
Super Moderator
262 Posts
Glad you got it figured out. Interesting to note that the battery protection circuit doesn’t include those fuses.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts