EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I;ll have to describe this noise second hand because my ability to hear high-pitched noises is shot.

My wife says that after the engine is started, there is a soft, high-pitched and not loud beeping sound from behind the center of the dash. The beeping lasts for 2 to 3 minutes and goes away until the engine is shut off and restarted.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
1st thing that comes to mind is the possibility of the fan in the upper model trim radios....

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rbarrios, thank you for the reply,

To describe the sound a little better, the "beeping" heard sounds like a the sound a touch-tone phone makes but higher pitched.

BTW, new to Enclaves. We just bought this one last week.

So, the radio has a fan? Possibly for an amplifier? My E has nav and the touchscreen.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Paul K. said:

To describe the sound a little better, the "beeping" heard sounds like a the sound a touch-tone phone makes but higher pitched.

So, the radio has a fan? Possibly for an amplifier? My E has nav and the touchscreen.
Hi Paul K.,

We’re sorry to hear of these noise concerns with your newly purchased Enclave. If you would like to work with your local dealership for an official diagnosis, we would be happy to reach out to them on your behalf. Please feel free to send us a private message if we can assist with this process.

Kindly,

Samantha N
Buick Customer Care

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Paul K. said:

:welcome: to the forum, Paul K. The amp is mounted in the left rear fender. I am not sure about the noise you are discribing. Sorry.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome.

Well, I was able to hear the noise or at least a lower tone of it due to my hearing loss.
To me it sounds like the noise a CD or DVD player makes when a disc is inserted. But it still does it when there is no CD in the player. I'm thinking it could be HVAC related.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Dash vent actuator? :shrug: just a guess....

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cfedor said:
Dash vent actuator? :shrug: just a guess....
Knowing they can be problematic, I'm thinking the same.

·
Registered
183 Posts
If your Enclave has navigation, could it be the nav disk spinning up?? My navigation disk spins up pretty good now, and its quite audible.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Uncle Buick said:
If your Enclave has navigation, could it be the nav disk spinning up?? My navigation disk spins up pretty good now, and its quite audible.
Has anyone noticed that just when you open the drivers door, whether you are actually getting in it or just to get in it to retrieve something, that the disc spins ??? Even without actually putting the key in the ignition or starting your Enclave?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Uncle Buick said:
Uncle Buick, Could very well be. This is my first car with NAV so new to me. When I first posted, I was describing what my wife conveyed to me as "beeping" cause I could not hear the high pitched sound. Later I could hear it and it sounds more like a DVD or CD player.

I didn't know the Nav disc stays in the unit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
5 Participants
Paul K.
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing