EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:thumb: I've been waiting for almost 6 months to make this post.

Our baby was born on a busy day at the Hospital/Factory in Lansing, Michigan on January 7, 2008 along with 720 other cousins. She weighs 6460 lbs. and 7 ounces and has beautiful Blue eyes that already tracks from side to side (my is she smart). Beautiful Cocoa skin and shiny black shoes (I wonder if she can run?) 201.8 inches long so she'll just fit into her new garage crib (hope she doesn't grow too much more!) She is the most well behaved baby (I haven't seen) in that she roars to life with a push of the button and sleeps upon request (I wish I could say that for my children!). Oh, and the Hospital/Factory says that they will personally deliver her in the next two weeks to us! (what service!) I hope she doesn't fuss on the way.

Oh yes, and her name... Hershey (because she's so sweet)

We can't wait to accept her into our family on delivery day!! :binky: ;D :blob: (my apologies for the puns...) :)

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
OH WOW, that's the heaviest Enclave I have ever seen!
Good Luck :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
That's so funny. Congrats.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Congratulations! Good vehicle...great looking color. However, I think your sweet Hershey may be a little overweight by 1680 lbs! I would recommend putting her on a diet as soon as you get her home or you'll be very dissapointed in her m.p.g and performance.(sorry pockettodd, I couldn't resist).
Enjoy your new ride and this forum

·
Registered
344 Posts
Oh coochy cooochy coooo cooooo! :binky: ;D ;D I'm SOOOO Happy! I was hoping this post was yours, CONGRATULATIONS! :clap: :clap: :woot:

You say they are going to deliver Hershey to you? Or do you have to pick her up in Kellogg? I think they should deliver her to your door all bundled up with a big bottle of champagne to toast her arrival! :wine:

Keep us posted on her journey. :D Now just try to keep your feet on the ground until she gets here!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Congratulation for your bundle of joy.
Speaking of babies, we pick up our baby Bing last Saturday and on the way to the dealership my husband tells me that I'm as excited as getting a new baby. My 2 1/2 year old listened to us and starts crying: NO NEW BABY, NO NEW BABY!!! He calmed down when he saw the car. He likes the new baby now :thumb:
Our baby has the same gross weight like yours, giving us a tax deduction :thumb:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I thought the day would never come... ;D But tomorrow we finally drive to Kellogg, ID to pick up our baby !!! :blob: :angel:

Tomorrow will be 6 mos and 1 day since we ordered her back in August. Wow, what a wait!!! From what I keep reading from all your excellent posts it should be worth it all!

Those of you that are still waiting from last fall, hang in there! :thumb: It will happen... I'll post pictures hopefully sometime soon and give a full report!

Pockettodd from Washington state

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Congrats on your baby! You WILL love it :) WOW, I can't believe your wait......and you haven't even WHINED about it constantly. Congrats to you on being a "good sport" and I hope you have many happy years and many thousands of happy s-miles! ;D :cheers:

·
Registered
107 Posts
instead of Hershy you should call her "Heavy E"......................

·
Registered
344 Posts
ccaats said:
......and you haven't even WHINED about it constantly. . . . .
Yeah, he hasn't whined NEAR as much as I did! :happy: I was the queen whiner and I waited 14 weeks. Worth it though, huh Todd!

Since he hasn't posted since he got Hershey I'm sure he probably can't tear himself away from his new baby. CONGRATULATIONS! Waiting for your report! :cheers:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: She's Home...Finally

We had a great day at Dave Smith in Kellogg, ID getting our new baby. :blob: There she was standing in a lot of 500 other trucks and vehicles, the only Enclave on the lot. Wow, words can't express the feelings of emotion towards this beauty! On the way up (a 4 1/2 hour drive without the kids, yea!) we we're as giddy as can be anticipating seeing her (ok, I was the one that was most eager :)

I was the lucky person to drive her first and what a road car this fine automobile is! :thumb: It was really hard to focus on the road and NOT play with the buttons!! Later on we switched and here's my wife going 80-85 mph down the road and I'm trying to catch up. This car just thrives on the road. Now I understand what everyone has been claiming.

In the days past I catch myself opening the garage door and just staring. We got a chance to use the turn-by-turn navigation the other night. Wow, who needs the on-screen system? I really like the XM radio and being able to play two different sources between the front and rear audio systems (we'll have to look into the wireless headphones for the kids).

Yesterday, we got 9 inches of fresh snow and I was tempted to take her out but resisted (although I did test out the traction control and braking on pure ice). Very sure-footed vehicle.

Now, a new page has turned and we are now (finally) part of the owner's group. I'm already bragging the praises of Enclave to my friends. Clearly GM has done something right!!

(Yesterday I worked on putting in WeatherTech floormats and will post pictures when I have a chance)

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Congrats again Todd......and "Welcome to the Enclave Family"! :cheers:

·
Registered
743 Posts
I can't announce a Birth just yet, But the Water broke about 20 min ago and Grandbaby (Girl) is on the way. Off to the Hospital we go. Good Night. Rocketman :blob:

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
That's great news, Rocketman. Congratulations. :clap:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Congrats rocketman....hope she and mom are healthy and you have a great visit! Is this your first grandbaby?

·
Registered
743 Posts
Thanks everyone.......Born this Afternoon, 6#11oz and they're doing fine. 18.5" long. 16 hrs Labor...WOW !! This is my Third, Bring um on. Ha !! The more, The Merrier.
I really appreciate it everybody. Boy, you can't beat it....a New Granddaughter and a WDT Enclave too. 881 Mi.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Congrats Rocketman.....and getting to drive that many miles in your beautiful WDT Enclave to see your beautiful new grandbaby makes it all the more enjoyable right? :cheers: :cheers:

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
rocketman
Congratulations :dancing:

·
Registered
743 Posts
Thanks ccaats and MRBUICK. I hope i wasn't misleading, but I meant I have 881 Miles on my Enclave, even tho I've had it over 3 Months.
I only had to drive about 20 minutes to see the New Baby. Shes a Lil Cutie too.
I appreciate all the Comments. This is a wonderful Forum and I'm happy to be a Member.

·
Registered
379 Posts
:worthless:

Contracts on the new "baby"!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts