EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Last week I tried to pair iphone on my 2009 E and it started speaking French, since we are the second owner while originally vehicle is from Quebec which make sense, the problem is I don't speak French ???. The manual does not have anything either that helps. Has anybody else ever tried changing bluetooth language before on the '09 model? :help:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
On someone's advise, I tried pushing and holding the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds thinking it should reset the previous setting...didn't work. I really would like to get this thing work since I have a small trip coming on weekend. :-\

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
The DIC can be set for English/Metric units - possibly there is a language setting in there?

·
Registered
820 Posts
Do you have the NAV radio or the radio without NAV?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Is your display in English or French?

This is what the Owner's manual says:

Entering the Feature Settings Menu
1. Turn the ignition on and place the vehicle in P (Park).
To avoid excessive drain on the battery, it is recommended that the headlamps are turned off.
2. Press the customization button to enter the feature settings menu. If the menu is not available, FEATURE SETTINGS AVAILABLE IN PARK will display. Before entering the menu, make sure the vehicle is in P (Park).

Feature Settings Menu Items
The following are customization features that allow you to program settings to the vehicle:
DISPLAY IN ENGLISH
This feature will only display if a language other than English has been set. This feature allows you to change the language in which the DIC messages appear to English.
Press the customization button until the PRESSVTO DISPLAY IN ENGLISH screen appears on the DIC display. Press the set/reset button once to display all DIC messages in English.
DISPLAY LANGUAGE
This feature allows you to select the language in which the DIC messages will appear.
Press the customization button until the DISPLAY LANGUAGE screen appears on the DIC display. Press the set/reset button once to access the settings for this feature. Then press the customization button to scroll through the following settings:
ENGLISH (default): All messages will appear in English.
FRANCAIS: All messages will appear in French.
ESPANOL: All messages will appear in Spanish.
NO CHANGE: No change will be made to this feature. The current setting will remain.
To select a setting, press the set/reset button while the desired setting is displayed on the DIC.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@rockyp, thx

@Plague, mine is without NAV

@wildguess, display is in English. I'll try to reset the display as per your suggestion, might reset the language too. thx a lot

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok..so after all trials failed, I had to give GM customer service a call, a little wait on the phone and I finally managed to fix it. Anyone else having this problem, here's the trick on how to,

Press and hold the OnStar black phone button on your rearview mirror for 5 seconds.

A voice in French will say a few words asking you change language with yes or no, say (yes) "ouie" pronounced "wee".

Few more words in French asking to choose language with option English with "zero" pronounced and say "zay-wro"

Some more French asking you to confirm your choice, say "wee" again. And you will hear the lady start speaking in sweet old English, cheers! :cheers:

The GM CSR requested me to stay on phone with her while I made these changes, was nice of her.

Overall a nice little experience, loving the Bluetooth already.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Canadian said:
Mes félicitations mon ami!

·
Registered
2011 enclave
8 Posts
Ok..so after all trials failed, I had to give GM customer service a call, a little wait on the phone and I finally managed to fix it. Anyone else having this problem, here's the trick on how to,

Press and hold the OnStar black phone button on your rearview mirror for 5 seconds.

A voice in French will say a few words asking you change language with yes or no, say (yes) "ouie" pronounced "wee".

Few more words in French asking to choose language with option English with "zero" pronounced and say "zay-wro"

Some more French asking you to confirm your choice, say "wee" again. And you will hear the lady start speaking in sweet old English, cheers! :cheers:

The GM CSR requested me to stay on phone with her while I made these changes, was nice of her.

I have the same problem just that the language is in spanish, must be different combination of words or no.s for spanish. didn't change and just signed off

1 - 10 of 10 Posts