EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you Smokin SRX for your inspiration. Used a heated garage and installed my accessories. Happy with the results! All of the tips were utilized during the install and it was easy as 1....2....3. :thumb:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pictures posted........enjoy.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Looks GREAT!

Did you install the assist steps as well? If so how hard was it?

Now to do mine. My SO wants the logo and the Enclave but no body side moldings or assist steps. I want it all on mine.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dealer installed the assist steps, the rest I did. The assist steps involve removing the tires and the dealer did it for free and only charged for the steps. Go for it all, she will love it and the moldings should protect from stray shopping carts and car doors.

·
Registered
379 Posts
docnlaw said:
Dealer installed the assist steps, the rest I did. The assist steps involve removing the tires and the dealer did it for free and only charged for the steps. Go for it all, she will love it and the moldings should protect from stray shopping carts and car doors.
I will have to talk with my dealer then..maybe I can get them to do it for free too.

Actually, he doesn't want the moldings, just the Enclave and the tri-shield. I am going to do it all to mine.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
docnlaw said:
Thank you Smokin SRX for your inspiration. Used a heated garage and installed my accessories. Happy with the results! All of the tips were utilized during the install and it was easy as 1....2....3. :thumb:
Hey, I've got competition.....and he's got good taste in colors too! :thumb: ;D ;) Great job!

Happy & Healthy to ALL!

·
Registered
67 Posts
HEY OKCCowboy:
Tell your partner his car will have ASE "Assist Step envy"!

·
Registered
379 Posts
LOL, I think the assist steps (the molded ones) look fantastic on the vehicles!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Recommendations for Body Side Moldings - white diamond tri-coat?
Worried about door dents in parking lots. New Enclave appears very vulnerable to dents from careless parkers.
Thoughts and/or suggestions on where to get them and who should put them on.

·
Registered
379 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
look at my pics. I have a WDT and I put the sportwing molding. matched perfectly.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Does anyone here know where to get the 3M tape that is used to hold the emblems/body side moldings on?

I have ordered the chrome tri-shield (like the one on the steering wheel) for the vehicles, but they do not have any adhesive on them. I am thinking that I will put the tape on the back and cut out around the tri-shield, etc... That way the color of the car will show through, much like the Buick logo on the back.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
OKCCowboy said:
Does anyone here know where to get the 3M tape that is used to hold the emblems/body side moldings on?

I have ordered the chrome tri-shield (like the one on the steering wheel) for the vehicles, but they do not have any adhesive on them. I am thinking that I will put the tape on the back and cut out around the tri-shield, etc... That way the color of the car will show through, much like the Buick logo on the back.
That is a bummer! A good craft/hardware/body supply store will have some 3-M adhesive tape, but beware, you need a very high quality tape, to last!! Don't accept regular craft adhesive tape designed for INDOOR projects! The one with black rubber edges is usually great!!

Then you just need some time and patience, along with an Exacto razer knife :thumb:

PS............didn't you buy your side moldings from Sportwing.com?? Wonder if they would sell a previous customer some stuff????

·
Registered
379 Posts
I am looking for the automotive grade 3-M tape.

I am going to make my partner trim his out, he has more patience that I do! :) Besides, his car is the guinea pig!

I have not ordered the moldings yet. I need to get off my rear end and order them!

·
Registered
379 Posts
I got mine on eBay, the Enclave wording itself came from the dealership.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts