EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I test drove an Enclave, I didn't have time to play with the stereo. Has anyone put it through some real tests? How loud is it? Does it do a good job on DVD playback? How adjustable is it? EQ setting? Sub settings?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
I am thrilled to say that the system sounds incredible!!it's crystal clear and very loud.
i'm a professional musician ,tech nerd,audiophile etc.... i listened to everything from prince to progressive rock music
rush,dream theater etc incredible !it barely distorts at the max volume .they seemed to have tuned this sytem to the car perfectly.I also played live concert videos and movies in the dvd and i'm blown away!
i have a 61"tv with surround and i found myself sitting in the garage for a couple hours just watching a concert.my girlfriend had to
pull me back in the house.

i'm extremely happy with the system and it's funny when i took the car for test drives i actually didn't even
listen to it.I just knew 10 speaker bose over 200 watts??????? hope this helps
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes this does help. I'm a musician also, and I listen to heavy music mostly so I was concerned how the system would sound with that style of music.

Can you describe the available settings a bit?

- EQ controls - is just bass, mid, high controls or are there more?

- Is there a separate subwoofer volume control?

- Where are the 10 speakers located (doors, dash, near each row of seats)?

- Is there only one subwoofer or and what size is it?

Thanks in advance!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
to my knowlege, no sub control, just bass, treb and mid.

the speakers are located:

front doors 2
front tweeters 2
center speaker 1
2nd row 2
3rd row 2
sub in center console 1

that's 10.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
743 Posts
I didn't drive the Enclave enough to check the sound system like I wanted to, but my sound has to be right, or else I don't want the Vehicle. I traded in a vehicle without Bose and 3700 miles on it, because the following year it came standard with Bose.
I now have 3 vehicles with Bose and I love it, but I believe the Enclave Bose sound much better than any of mine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
313 Posts
I listened to the Bose setup in the Acadia and it did sound nice, but I sure wish they had gone with a company other than bose. Mark Levinson would have been nice. I wonder if it would have been possible to arrange a deal with one of the excellent Canadian speaker and electronics manufacturers, such as Paradigm? No doubt though that the Bose name adds a lot to marketing value.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it's loud, clear and sounds good, I don't care if it was made by Joe's Janitorial and Audio Service! The BOSE name is definitely well know, and people associate it with great audio products (because they DO make great products). So I'm cool with that too. :thumb:
 
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
NOLA Saints said:
If it's loud, clear and sounds good, I don't care if it was made by Joe's Janitorial and Audio Service! The BOSE name is definitely well know, and people associate it with great audio products (because they DO make great products). So I'm cool with that too. :thumb:
:ditto:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
NOLA, I can testify that the sound system sounds perfect at all volume levels in the following modes:

AC/DC
Metallica
Iron Maiden
Van Halen

Enjoy,

Greg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,130 Posts
GreginMD said:
NOLA, I can testify that the sound system sounds perfect at all volume levels in the following modes:

AC/DC
Metallica
Iron Maiden
Van Halen

Enjoy,

Greg
Surely you only mean the original Van Halen... :tunes: :tunes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
313 Posts
Bose has the distinction of making some of the worst products for the price in the history of the consumer audio industry. They have also put out some very well designed and executed products, so they certainly have the engineering capability if they choose to leverage it. Hopefully the contract with GM was penned with quality and not cost and marketing in mind as primary drivers for the design.

From my time in the Acadia, the Bose system certainly was above average and something I look forward to spending more time with in my Enclave.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,417 Posts
wow osli, that is interesting to know. i have bose everywhere in my home and the products work wonderfully. i played around w/the one during my test drive in the enclave and it was great. one thing to remember it doesnt come w/all the entertainment packages. im not sure if it comes w/ent pkg 3 but i know it comes w/ent pkg 4. enjoy your ride i know i am going to enjoy mine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
Joe-drum said:
I am thrilled to say that the system sounds incredible!!it's crystal clear and very loud.
i'm a professional musician ,tech nerd,audiophile etc.... i listened to everything from prince to progressive rock music
rush,dream theater etc incredible !it barely distorts at the max volume .they seemed to have tuned this sytem to the car perfectly.I also played live concert videos and movies in the dvd and i'm blown away!
i have a 61"tv with surround and i found myself sitting in the garage for a couple hours just watching a concert.my girlfriend had to
pull me back in the house.

i'm extremely happy with the system and it's funny when i took the car for test drives i actually didn't even
listen to it.I just knew 10 speaker bose over 200 watts??????? hope this helps
I always thought audiophiles hated Bose products. Kinda like Monster cables. You pay for the name...not so much the quality.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
anyway............iknow that the bose system comes with the entertainment 3 or 4 package not sure about the other ones.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
I thought Entertainment package #1 had the Bose system in it. It costs something like $980 or so (give or take a few dollars). Based on the options that are given to you, I believe the Bose system would be an improvement over the factory speakers. Now is it worth $980 to you? That is where you will need to listen to both (if possible) at the dealership and decide.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
313 Posts
It used to be (>10 years ago) that it wasn't worth it to get factory "premium" sound systems because a well installed aftermarket one using quality products usually sounded much better and might offer more features as well for the same cost. These days, however, the electronics are so highly integrated in new vehicles that it takes a lot of work (and cost) to replace the features and functionality of the premium systems with aftermarket alternatives. For instance, if you left off DVD, and later wanted install an equally functioning system, you'd have to contend with sending video to the Nav screen (not that hard), dolby digital processing, wireless transmission, and proper selection and control through the factory Nav unit and steering wheel controls. No easy feat, and likely a lot more expensive than the Bose system. It might sound better, but it just isn't as easy a proposition as it once was.

As an aside, Mercedes has used Bose in some past vehicles, and in particular the late 90's S-class models have wonderfully executed Bose designs. So the company has the knowledge when they are contracted to apply it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,417 Posts
fenwah said:
I thought Entertainment package #1 had the Bose system in it. It costs something like $980 or so (give or take a few dollars). Based on the options that are given to you, I believe the Bose system would be an improvement over the factory speakers. Now is it worth $980 to you? That is where you will need to listen to both (if possible) at the dealership and decide.
fenwah, i think pkg 1 comes w/6 speakers and no bose. check link below:

http://www.buick.com/enclave/index.jsp?section=config
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,130 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
MsS42 said:
fenwah, i think pkg 1 comes w/6 speakers and no bose. check link below:

http://www.buick.com/enclave/index.jsp?section=config
I can't access Buick's web site...was going by Edmunds web site...

US9 Entertainment Package #1
Includes AM/FM radio with MP3 compatible 6-disc in-dash CD changer, Radio Data System (RDS), speed-compensated volume, TheftLock, Advanced Bose 10-speaker system, auxiliary audio jack and rear audio system controls with 2 headphone jacks.

SO...does anybody own an Enclave with the entertainment package #1? We seem to have a discrepency.
 
1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Top