EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some recommendations on how to set the Bose System for best sound quality. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Good question, there is much debate over the sound system and how good you can make it sound. Some are satisfied and some hate it. Some think it sounds better with a C/D than the XM etc. You go to the radio menu and there will be adjustments for bass, mid, treble, fade, and left to right. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
bsox nailed it! All I would add is that we HEAVILY favor the REAR speakers, with the fade/balance control, and find it MUCH better sound than factory F/R split.

We're one of the less than thrilled with sound, when compared to our Yukon with Bose speakers. CD better than radio by far, JIOHO.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Also remember that generally XM, or FM for that matter, will not sound as good as a CD. The data for XM is compressed (it varies depending on the channel) and FM stations also alter the sound before broadcasting it.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
MN Dan said:
Also remember that generally XM, or FM for that matter, will not sound as good as a CD. The data for XM is compressed (it varies depending on the channel) and FM stations also alter the sound before broadcasting it.
Didn't know that about XM. Thks :thumb:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Havent been happy w/FM signal since purchase (Sept)... Just picked up XM again (waited for deal) and noticed that XM definitely has a better signal than FM... Has anyone else rec'd static w/basic FM stations?

·
Registered
107 Posts
we get static on even local FM stations some times ...........usually don't with the other cars.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I agree with Smokin' re rear speaker adjustment. We did a roadtrip to San Diego and noticed that it was difficult to hear the stereo in the rear. Adjustments made making rear predominant and everything is good .... not great but good. Definitely DVD the best of the sounds.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
mtenclave08 said:
Havent been happy w/FM signal since purchase (Sept)... Just picked up XM again (waited for deal) and noticed that XM definitely has a better signal than FM... Has anyone else rec'd static w/basic FM stations?
We discussed this waaaaay back when. One of our GM insiders implied that they were aware of the issue and a fix was in the works. This insider has since moved on and in the fall my dealer told me there were no TSB's related to FM reception so I guess we are stuck with what we have.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts