EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not me personally, but helped my mom find one. She wanted something small but still liked sitting up like in an SUV and wanted the utility of being able to fold down the seats. We test drove the entirely too popular base engine as well as the far too rare version with the upgraded VVT motor and the difference was night and day. Wow is GM doing that vehicle a disservice by not just making the VVT the standard motor. My mom is far from a speed demon but even she said the base motor was a dog compared to the 07 Honda CR-V she was trading. Managed to find a white (had to be white, what a PITA that was) 2017 (to get the 4k rebated they were doing on 2017's) Sport Touring AWD, VVT motor, safety package and Nav. Basically the way the dealer optioned it she got a preferred II but with the Sport Touring's nicer rims. Gotta say it's a really nice little car. It wouldn't meet my needs to replace our Enclave obviously but if you're looking for something that size it's pretty much in a class by itself. The Chevy branded version feels like a cheap economy car by comparison especially since it doesn't get any of the Buick Quiet Tuning and most of the competition in that class went for the small hatchback instead of small SUV styling.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
I'm curious how she likes it after she's had some time behind the wheel. According to Consumer Reports, the Buick Encore ranks second only to the Audi Q3 in overall ratings in the luxury compact CUV class.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I'm curious how she likes it after she's had some time behind the wheel. According to Consumer Reports, the Buick Encore ranks second only to the Audi Q3 in overall ratings in the luxury compact CUV class.
We purchased a used 2013 Encore in 2014 for my wife. She loves it and had no issues with it.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
We purchased a used 2013 Encore in 2014 for my wife. She loves it and had no issues with it.
Great to hear!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts