EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brakes are initially mushy. If I lift my foot and reapply them it feels right. Then at the next light or whenever, they are mushy again. The dealer can't find anything wrong and says there isn't any air in the lines. Anyone have a similar experience?

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I don't mean this as one of those, "I'm not having any problems posts", but there was another thread that someone started and no one could answer the question and they thought they were being ignored. So in that light, no I have not had that issue and other than a sqeaky brake pedal have had no issues.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw the squeaky ones, but my brake pedal is quiet.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Perhaps your brake fluid is contaminated? Typically, brakes will feel "spongy" when the fluid gets contaminated. The contamination could make the fluid more "compressible" which would give you the spongy feel. Usually, this contamination takes years to happen but yours might have gone bad prematurely. If the mushiness is really bad, you might consider getting the fluid changed. It's not a big job to do or have done.

Some car manufacturers require that you change the brake fluid every 2 years (Audi for example). Contaminated fluid can also boil at a much lower temperature than good fluid and boiling brake fluid is not a good thing.

The other advantage to changing the fluid is it will prolong the internal parts of your brake system. Contamination as I've been calling it is mostly water. Brake fluid absorbs moisture from the air. This water can cause internal brake parts to rust.

I'll step down from my soap-box now.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've taken it to two dealers with the same result; That's the way they are on all of them. I guess I'll have to live with it. :(

·
Registered
23 Posts
YEAH THATS THE WAY THE BRAKES ARE. I NOTICED THE SAME THING IN MINE, THE BOTTOM LINE IS THIS IS A LUXURY VEHICLE AND NOT A PERFORMANCE VEHICLE SO THINGS ARE MADE TO BE SMOOTHER AND SOFTER. YOU COULD ALSO GO AND TEST DRIVE ANOTHER ONE TO COMPAIR. HOPE THIS HELPS

1 - 6 of 6 Posts