EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, I went to change the brightness of my camera screen and found out it won't let me. The contrast control works, but the buttons + and - are just back shaded in blue for the brightness....So then I went to the audio screen and tried to change it in the menu from there...still can't change it. This seems wierd to me...I couldn't find any other controls, like for sound or other areas that did not work...only the screen brightness control. Anyone have this before? I'd hate to have to have the whole navigation unit pulled just to fix this problem. Hopefully it can be reset or rewired....who knows! :banghead: Thoughts appreciated!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Mine's in Auto Mode and I have the same issue. Contrast worked just fine but brightness was a no go.

Chris

·
Registered
21 Posts
When I originally purchased my car I noticed the default brightness was just a little too dim (during the day) for my taste and I reset it brighter from within the Display Options screen. The panel light control does (somewhat) control the Nav brightness too, but not enough for me.

I also turn the brightness way down on long night time driving.

But recently, I've had my car in for the "Dead Battery Issue". The dealer said they checked the battery and it was Okay so they downloaded some software that they said would keep the Nav from waking up and draining the battery. I also noticed that the rear camera view was dim again and I assumed that they had reset it to the factory defaults.

A couple of days after I got the software fix my car died again, dead battery. This time I jumped it, took it back to the dealer and they now say I it was a dead battery (which they replaced).

I sorta already knew it was going to be a battery issue which is why I didn't go and re-do any of my Display tweaks, thinking it would get lost when the Nav system looses power during the battery swap. Today I tried to brighten my display and that option is greyed-out.

I think the software patch did it.

Bigmac

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
bigmac said:
When I originally purchased my car I noticed the default brightness was just a little too dim (during the day) for my taste and I reset it brighter from within the Display Options screen. The panel light control does (somewhat) control the Nav brightness too, but not enough for me.

I also turn the brightness way down on long night time driving.

But recently, I've had my car in for the "Dead Battery Issue". The dealer said they checked the battery and it was Okay so they downloaded some software that they said would keep the Nav from waking up and draining the battery. I also noticed that the rear camera view was dim again and I assumed that they had reset it to the factory defaults.

A couple of days after I got the software fix my car died again, dead battery. This time I jumped it, took it back to the dealer and they now say I it was a dead battery (which they replaced).

I sorta already knew it was going to be a battery issue which is why I didn't go and re-do any of my Display tweaks, thinking it would get lost when the Nav system looses power during the battery swap. Today I tried to brighten my display and that option is greyed-out.

I think the software patch did it.[/color]

Bigmac
Bummer... I'd check with them & see if they can't sort things out so you have the option available... I use it quite often also...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Figured it out!!!!!

If I turn the car on AND don't move it, the Brightness slider works.

If I move the car (like backing out of the garage) the Brightness slider is dim (greyed-out) even when I place the car in park and put the emergency brake on it stays greyed-out.

I then shut the engine off and removed the key and it works again.

Reproducible magic is science.

Bigmac

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
bigmac said:
Figured it out!!!!!

If I turn the car on AND don't move it, the Brightness slider works.

If I move the car (like backing out of the garage) the Brightness slider is dim (greyed-out) even when I place the car in park and put the emergency brake on it stays greyed-out.

I then shut the engine off and removed the key and it works again.

Reproducible magic is science.

Bigmac
And some science is just plain weird, reproducible or not... ;D

For me, I like it as it is - I can adjust on the fly, day or night, sunshine or rain, tailwind or bucking a nor'easter... Life is good... :cheers:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Figured it out REALLY!!!!

After trying to repeat my experiment (backing in and out of the garage), the equivalent of swinging a dead chicken over my head I now understand that it is the light sensor on the dashboard that enables or disables the Brightness option. I tried driving around the block today with a dark towel on the sensor and the Brightness control stayed enabled until I removed the towel.

If it's in the manual, I missed it but I'm happier now that I understand.

Bigmac

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
bigmac said:
Figured it out REALLY!!!!

After trying to repeat my experiment (backing in and out of the garage), the equivalent of swinging a dead chicken over my head I now understand that it is the light sensor on the dashboard that enables or disables the Brightness option. I tried driving around the block today with a dark towel on the sensor and the Brightness control stayed enabled until I removed the towel.

If it's in the manual, I missed it but I'm happier now that I understand.

Bigmac
Never gave that a thought, though I should have... Not long ago I noticed that when the wife came home from shopping, golf, whatever, with her CTS, the headlights were on in bright daylight... Thought maybe she'd moved the setting from auto to on, but it was set properly... Then I happened to notice that she'd moved her Valentine One radar detector directly over, nearly touching, the sensor... Moved it a few inches to the right & all was well...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2012 enclave and backup camera was dim. I fixed it. I started the car, put it in reverse, then after camera came on i pushed menu and the brightness and adjusted the right slide all the way negative (minus) and camera got bright.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts