EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve benefited from reading this site and thought I would throw in today’s experience.

I read one poster to this section say he’d contacted several dealers in his area looking for one with an allocation, and ordered his vehicle that way. So I did the same Monday night. I used buick.com, searched for dealers in a 50 mile radius around Cedar Rapids, Iowa, and got a list of 25 of them. I typed a form letter in my word processor saying I was looking for a dealer with an Enclave allocation good for the Luxury package, and that I would pay $500 over invoice – cash sale, no trade-in (and I get all applicable rebates). Then for each dealer with a “Request Quote” button by their buick.com listing, I pasted my boilerplate into the text part of the request and sent it off. For those dealers without a “Request Quote” button, I faxed the boilerplate to them.

The next day (Tues Jan 15) I got a number of emails and phone calls. Iowa City had an allocation but wanted MSRP for it. Dubuque called, said they had two allocations and would accept my price. An hour later I got a call from Cedar Falls, who also had an allocation and would meet my price.

I drove to Dubuque (70 minutes) today so I could see them face to face. They looked and acted up and up, so I paid my $500 deposit. Off they went to another room to enter the order. They came back with an accepted order printout from the GM OrderWorkBench with my name and equipment list, and with a status code of 2000. They said what they actually did was apply my specs to a vehicle they’d recently ordered for their stock.

This seems to hold a lot of promise for playing out properly. If not, I’ll post to the group. Thanks for all the advice.

By the way, the salesman showed me a message they'd gotten today from Buick stating that the $500 incentive is only good through Jan. 15, '08. So looks like they are stopping that one. Maybe something else will come up by the time my Enclave is delivered.

Dave

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Dave,
Welcome to the forum.
Thank you for reporting your experiences. I trust that all will work out well for you.

MRBUICK

·
Registered
177 Posts
Thanks Dave. I tried something similar, contacted about 20 dealers near me (probably a 100 mile radius) but asked them for a price. Then I proceeded to narrow down the potentials with calls informing of a lower offer and asking if they wanted to meet or beat it. It's amazing how many just didn't want to negotiate, like car dealers don't negotiate, although this is a hot vehicle. This went downhill fast when my wife, the real negotiator, took the reigns. I'm completely depressed at the 1960's attitude the majority of the dealers we were working with when it came to negotiating with a woman. I've always been rather unreceptive to my wife's reports of double standards thinking she's too sensitive or trying to label stuff too much, but she really did get very little from these people whereas I did.

I'll have to go with your method next time I try (we've written off trying this model year, out of disgust and in order to save more because we don't like where the economy is going).

Did you find that most of those dealers had a "Request Quote" button? And did it work well? I was surprised how many dealers are not very good with email and the internet. I tried sending a PDF form using Adobe Professional, but at least half claimed they could not get it to work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jimbobwae

About 75% of the dealers that Buick.com listed for me had a "Request Quote" button. It worked fine. When you click it, you fill in a few fields and then come to a text box. I used that text box to paste my boilerplate. And I did hear back from a number of them.

It turns out, however, that I got the replies that mattered most from those that I had to fax to -- by chance they were the ones with an allocation available.

Dave

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thought I would update. It's six days since I went to the dealer and put my $500 down. I called today for a status and he emailed me with a pdf attachment from the GM OrderWorkBench showing that I've moved from status 2000 (six days ago) to status 3000 - Accepted by Production Control. And I have a TPW (Target Production Week) shown of 2/4/08.

So far so good.

Dave

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Wow, that sounds pretty quick and positive. Congrats.

·
Registered
405 Posts
That's great! I also got lucky and was able to purchase one that was incoming stock. From down payment to arrival was 2 weeks. It was my exact specs and I was thrilled with the dealer.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Check out www.fightingchance.com. This guy has invoice pricing, deals others are getting across the country, and all current offers and incentives. A plan to send out a fax blast with all this info. It worked well for me. Got my fully loaded CXL cocoa, for just a hair over invoice. Not everybody wanted to play, but if you wait till month end there is always somebody out there that needs to meet their quota to fulfill an offer they have on the table with GM. If you dont canvas enough dealers you won't know who has unadvertised dealer incentives. I did this route with my 2005 f-150 supercrew, and got a fully loaded screw for a couple thou below invoice.

I have had my car for just under a week. So far the only problem is that the weather strip on the rear passenger door is dangling off. Kids love the two dvd players with cordless headsets in the back. The heck with the quiet car, the kids are the quietest feature in my opinion.

Snoop.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
That's great info snoopy, thanks for posting. It's nice to hear that some of you are getting such great deals and/or can get an Enclave with little trouble. It looks like things are starting to improve a bit from when they were first released. Congrats all. :thumb:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here’s an update on my order.

1. Ordered on Jan. 16, and walked out of the dealership with a printout showing production code 2000.
2. On Jan 22 received an emailed PDF of the OrderWorkBench showing code 3000 and a Target Production Week of 2/11.
3. On Jan 31 received an emailed PDF of the OrderWorkBench showing code 3300
4. On Feb 16 got a call from the dealer saying they’d received an invoice number.
5. Got a call today saying the Enclave arrived this morning (Iowa) and will be ready to pick up Thursday, Feb. 22.

That’s delivery to the dealership in a bit less than five weeks from the day I ordered. However, I think I gained an unknown few days because they overlaid my spec on one they’d already ordered for themselves for stock.

Wife’s excited to be getting her Gold Mist, AWD CXL. It’s an 8 passenger with Entertainment pkg 2, Lux Pkg, Tow Pkg, Confidence Pkg, Assist steps.

Dave

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Excellent. So when's the party we all talked about??? :cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts