EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it is sitting in my garage with the snow and sleet falling this morning. Everything went smooth with the purchase and I couldnt be happier. Everyone should get the assist steps! Used the turn by turn directions last night and found them to be pretty nifty. The quality car mats extra plush neutral fit very well and match the cashmere perfectly. Waiting to cash in my GM card redemption until after the holiday charges are final, they allow you to cash in the points up to 90 days after the purchase. I am unable to keep it below 50 mph for the first 500 miles as suggested on the board, the dealer and service did not think it was necessary. :blob:

·
Registered
333 Posts
docnlaw said:
Well it is sitting in my garage with the snow and sleet falling this morning. Everything went smooth with the purchase and I couldnt be happier. Everyone should get the assist steps! Used the turn by turn directions last night and found them to be pretty nifty. The quality car mats extra plush neutral fit very well and match the cashmere perfectly. Waiting to cash in my GM card redemption until after the holiday charges are final, they allow you to cash in the points up to 90 days after the purchase. I am unable to keep it below 50 mph for the first 500 miles as suggested on the board, the dealer and service did not think it was necessary. :blob:
Congrats on the purchase.

IMHO, if the engineers didn't think it was important to go < 55 for 500 they wouldn't have inconvenienced their customers! ;D

Please post pix of the car mats if you get a chance..

Enjoy it!

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
johnt26 said:
IMHO, if the engineers didn't think it was important to go < 55 for 500 they wouldn't have inconvenienced their customers! ;D
I somewhat disagree. Many times you will get into a gray area where the marketing and legal folks decide to make a more restrictive statement than is probably necessary, just to be on the safe side. I suspect it won't matter.

P.S. We did not keep ours under 55 the first 500 miles. There was a nice mix of varying speeds however.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Congrats on the new car. We here all know how much you will love your Enclave MORE each time you drive it. I have 380 miles on mine to date and am keeping it under 55 except for certain times on the freeway when I have no choice, but I am like the little old lady from Pasadena in the right lane. People probably look at me and think I shouldn't be on the freeway in that new car.

However, I am getting 12.5 mpg and I drive fuel consiously. That is not good. I read a post from someone that once their Enclave had been broken in the gas mileage got better. I certainly hope so.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
htrdgrma said:
I have 380 miles on mine to date and am keeping it under 55 except for certain times on the freeway when I have no choice, but I am like the little old lady from Pasadena in the right lane.

However, I am getting 12.5 mpg and I drive fuel consiously. That is not good. I read a post from someone that once their Enclave had been broken in the gas mileage got better. I certainly hope so.
We have almost 8000 on ours already and we still love it. We have not had it into the dealer for anything other than the transmission reflash.

Your mileage does sound low. We will get between 15 and 16 with typical suburban driving of commuting and running errands. Do you spend the majority of time in stop and go traffic or traveling short distances?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts