EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had this minor knocking sound while on 15 to 20MPH and then at higher speed there was none.. Then yesterday while driving the accelerator wont push the car forward.. I pulled over and then tried again ..(got a check engine).. The enclave went about 20 ft and then the same the accelerator was pushed down the RPM went to high but the car wont move ahead..
Since i am not a Big cary guy.. i take a guess it is the transmission..
The dealer(Millerbuick) where i get my enclave serviced regularly said, it will take them a week to diagnose the issues as they have 2-3 in front of the queue and then another couple of days to fix it with the GM guys involved.. after the diagnosis..
Is this how this is supposed to be..? Pl guide as they are not even having a loaner or said the GM wont even pay for the Rental (???.. in extended warrenty) and they only pay once the thing has been diagnosed and ready for repair..
Pl guide..

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
Wave plate affects 3,5, Reverse.
So that means you would have 1,2 and be able to accelerate but not be able to go into 3rd.

It seems youre having issues with acceleration in 1 and 2.

so it appears it may not be wave plate...

But--- maybe it fell apart- and is clogging stuff affecting overall performance?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah maybe that is the cause.. I was not able to pull the 1st or 2nd..
Does it take that amount of time to get the transmission rebuilt..??

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
OK....give up, what is "PI guide"?

(Is it "please guide"? I was thinking "pi guide?)

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
maninder said:
yeah maybe that is the cause.. I was not able to pull the 1st or 2nd..
Does it take that amount of time to get the transmission rebuilt..??
If the transmission is definitely malfunctioning, insist and I mean insist and persist that they replace it with a genuine GM certified re-manufactured one. Take your demand as high up as needed and don't give up.

·
Registered
73 Posts
If your vehicle is under warranty (Factory or Extended) and has internal faults, a replacement unit is almost always installed. It's more cost effective to install a replacement unit as opposed to overhauling your unit. As for alternate transportation. That can vary a lot from dealer to dealer. The manufacturer gives each dealer some support to furnish transportation, but how much each dealer provides will vary from dealer to dealer. They use criteria to decide how much they provide. If you purchased the vehicle from them (New or Used) have had them perform the maintenance and service, they are much more receptive to provide you with quality transportation as opposed to a party that did not buy it or have had it serviced by them. That being said, remember that the squeaky wheel gets the grease so don't be afraid to speak up. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts