EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

The Cascada is now on the market. Will it be a success?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• it has potential, but needs improvement

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Buick Cascada has met with mixed reviews. Even though it does not have any real competition in it's price range, will the uninspired styling, lack of color choices, and lack of real luxury cause it's demise?

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
I just did a search on available Cascada's within a 40 mile radius. There are 3 and all three are exactly the same, carbon black, price tag $37,385....

·
Super Moderator
21,166 Posts
Other than a lack of competition, the Cascada really has nothing going for it. It's a bland, uninspired, and half-baked new model. I vote that it will be a flop. :thumbdown:

·
Registered
733 Posts
I actually saw one of these on the tollway the other day. Top was up and it reminded me of a turtle

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Not long after Cascada was released, I read that Buick viewed is as some manner of "halo" vehicle for the line. I also read an independent review which opined Buick's top customer for the platform might end up being rental car fleets.....putting them into hands (obviously, in warm weather climates) of potential buyers who otherwise might not consider a Buick.

I have no clue as to the legitimacy of that take, but always though it had some fundamental basic logic. Anyway, like most, I've seen virtually none on the street; hardly surprising in Ohio. But, I just returned from a week in the Tampa/Sarasota area.....which you'd think might be a target market for Cascada.....and I didn't see even one.

I realize Cascada is, by every definition, a niche vehicle; and was therefore never destined as even remotely approaching a volume leader. But from the get-go, it always struck me personally as an answer to a question nobody was asking of Buick.

·
Registered
733 Posts
The Cascada is really an ugly little vehicle. The looks just aren't there, and the little 1.8 turbo engine has trouble hauling the 2 ton vehicle around, so no sporty driving. The cars it was apparently designed to compete with totally outclass it for around the same money.
Now some people might condemn me since, if you look at my sig, for having a Cadillac XLR. Since they only had a 6 year run. But more than likely, the little Cascada will have a shorter run. But my Caddy weighs less, has more horsepower and looks light years better than the newer Buick. Yes, it cost more when new (almost double) but I certainly didn't buy it new. I've not seen another one on the road in the Houston area since I saw the one I mentioned in a previous post better than a year ago.

·
Super Moderator
21,166 Posts
I saw a Cascada (I think for the first time) a few days ago, and I have to say that it looked a lot better than I'd expected. I saw it from behind, with its top down. It looked good, at least from that view.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
I saw a Cascada (I think for the first time) a few days ago, and I have to say that it looked a lot better than I'd expected. I saw it from behind, with its top down. It looked good, at least from that view.
So do foxy women LOL

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
Female rear ends aside, I myself feel its rear quarter view happens to be its best. IMO, the car doesn't have very good visual proportions; specifically I've never been a fan of that forward-biased "hunched down" look (meaning low front high back) GM stylists seemingly have embraced all the way back to Aztek.

·
Registered
131 Posts
My wife owns a CASCADA and SHE LOVES IT!!! I usually agree with most statements on this forum, however viewing some of the postings above, I totally disagree. The Cascada has been on the road in Europe for several years as an OPEL, and done quite well. It is build in Poland and has many European touches that american cars don't have. Buick re branded it and sells it in the US as the CASCADA. Having driven a Mazda Miata for several years - she wanted something more modern with better interior and exterior styling. She got it with the CASCADA. Hers is light blue with a tan interior - and it's just beautiful. The ride is comfortable but firm. The folding top is excellent. The electronics are good. Trunk room is adequate for a car this size. The rear seats fold down for more storage if needed. Folding the front seats forward for entry to the rear seat - the seat automatically moves forward for easier entry. Starting the car, the seat belt assembly moves forward for easy access the the seat belt. Engine has plenty of power for casual drivers, gas mileage is good. When parked in a parking lot with the top down, many folks stop buy to browse as it's an attention getter.

Buick has not done a good job marketing this vehicle, and as stated - you don't see many. So sad - like they don't have confidence in their own product. BUMMER!

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
JerseyDevil said:
So do foxy women LOL
:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :cheers:

·
Super Moderator
21,166 Posts
ENCLAVEDUDE said:
My wife owns a CASCADA and SHE LOVES IT!!! I usually agree with most statements on this forum, however viewing some of the postings above, I totally disagree. The Cascada has been on the road in Europe for several years as an OPEL, and done quite well. It is build in Poland and has many European touches that american cars don't have. Buick re branded it and sells it in the US as the CASCADA. Having driven a Mazda Miata for several years - she wanted something more modern with better interior and exterior styling. She got it with the CASCADA. Hers is light blue with a tan interior - and it's just beautiful. The ride is comfortable but firm. The folding top is excellent. The electronics are good. Trunk room is adequate for a car this size. The rear seats fold down for more storage if needed. Folding the front seats forward for entry to the rear seat - the seat automatically moves forward for easier entry. Starting the car, the seat belt assembly moves forward for easy access the the seat belt. Engine has plenty of power for casual drivers, gas mileage is good. When parked in a parking lot with the top down, many folks stop buy to browse as it's an attention getter.

Buick has not done a good job marketing this vehicle, and as stated - you don't see many. So sad - like they don't have confidence in their own product. BUMMER!
I'm glad to read a good review of the Cascada. The one I saw was also light blue. I couldn't see the interior, but now I'm curious.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
ENCLAVEDUDE said:

How have you guys adjusted to that button-choked center on the lower IP stack ??

That IP was lifted from the current gen Regal (well, Insignia) prior to the refresh several years back which cleaned up that jumble quite nicely, not unlike what Buick did to the revised mid-cycle LaCrosse around the same time. Is that bank of buttons confusing to use; or is it one of those things where you actually use very few of them...and you eventually (and instinctively) learn where those are located...while the remaining buttons become invisible/irrelevant ??

Meanwhile, Cascada remains a niche vehicle; said another way, Buick is spending essentially nothing on its marketing But, as you point out, it actually has a fairly nice feature set.....and is virtually assured to remain a very unique vehicle. Meanwhile, congratulations on a vehicle which appears to meet your needs very nicely, and I enjoyed reading your assessment of the car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts