EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well last week I decided to call Buick Customer service. I spoke with a really nice lady who took my order number, put me on hold and said she would be back in 2 - 5 minutes. She came back on the line and let me know that I did not have a production date yet, but I was welcome to call anytime for updates.

So I took her up on it and called Thursday evening. Here things started to change...

The guy I spoke with said that he could not give me any updates without first speaking with my dealer. I told him I had no issues getting this information a few days prior. He asked what my dealer told me last and said I should go with that information. I told him that update was from a few days ago and I would like a current update. After going round a few times and him stating that he could not give me the status of my order I asked to speak with someone who would give me the status. They stated it was "procedure" to call the dealer first. I then asked to speak to his supervisor. I did and he said that they would get me a status after I explained my frustation with this whole process. They said they would call me back with the update. This was 8pm on Thursday. Well Friday afternoon I finally get a call back saying that I still do not have a production date and that I should call my dealer going forward for any and all updates. I explained that I was given the ability to call with a reference case number (which she was closing BTW) and that I would call for updates as I saw fit until my Enclave was built.

Boy, what a complete frustrating process. Depending on who picks up the line depends on what type of service you get. Not only do they make it extremely difficult to order and get your vehicle in a timely manner, but they make it difficult just to find out status. I this point I just want forward progress.

Customer Service my :bootyshake:

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
In my line of work we call that dealing with the sales prevention department. I would recommend politely hanging up and then calling back to speak to someone else. That usually works for me. :sosad:

·
Registered
249 Posts
I already posted the same problem you just went through. I went through this three weeks ago. First she puts me on hold to call the dealer, second time to call another department to check if my vehicle is being built, third time to call the same department to get the status code (after I argued with her about getting the code). She comes back just to tell me that they're not allowed to give the code ??? :angryfire:. The next day, I filled out a customer question on line and described what I just went through. Is it a surprise that no one called me? Nope. Went back to the dealer a few days later to ask for the code. They said they can't pull the codes and for those other people that has a code from their dealer, my dealer said "Their dealer lied to them. There's no way to pull the codes in the system until it's invoiced". :banghead: Which info did you think I believe more? The folks that post on this forum or the my dealer? One thing for sure, I will NEVER buy another car from this dealer and I will NOT have my Enclave serviced by this dealer. I already paid for my vehicle. I'm just waiting to get it hopefully next week. I just want them to give it to me and we'll call it "Good Riddence". :mad: Whew! :angryfire: Let me get off my soapbox now. :D

·
Registered
172 Posts
I also have found Buick customer service is a waste of time for updates or really any information in general. Try and get information on the dealer's upcoming allocations, no way. The dealer sure dosen't know or isn't telling. Hard to believe that they just check the computer each day to see if they got one or not. The order can be in the system, but it doesn't move until the ordering dealer pushes it through with one of those "golden", and hard to get, Enclave purchasing allocations. Dealer may have used a allocation, but it may have not been for you. Maybe it went to someone else? Maybe a order with a higher profit margin got it? Maybe the dealers best friend? Somebody knows, but it is top secret. I think that the phone call to the dealer is so that everybody is giving the customer the same story.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I called Buick Cusotmer Service a little while ago and I spoke with someone helpful this time. They said that my order is showing in their system (it was not as of last week), but it has not been assigned a build date. I am hoping this means I am around 3000 status. :blob:

The moral of the Customer Service story is that it seems you get more helpful people/responses if you call during the day instead of in the evening.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I called 1-800-521-7300 once in the system there are two voice prompts I forget the first one, but I believe you answer "no", the second one you want "sales".

Just call before 5pm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts