·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my sisters 08 Lucerne gets a CEL.
I scan- P0332-- Knock sensor.
I clear it.
It comes back in a couple of days
Sis stopped by a small shop- who asked if they used 'cheap gas'. She said- yeah- (Arco). Mechanic says- thats most likely it- and reset.
She told me this after the fact.
2 days later- It came back on--- I scanned- P0332
I did not reset this time.
THe next day I found out she took it to dealer--- told the service advisor that it was P0332.
In the afternoon- they told me- that the dealer changed her thermostat and cleared the code...

I was left with a what? thermostat for P0332?
There was never a P0128.

Well guess what-- the CEL came back on.
Her hubby called me and asked me to give him a ride-- thats when he filled me in on the details...
she called the service advisor- pretty mad.
Asked if HE WAS GOING TO BE THERE--- when she showed up.
As the CEL was back- and that they changed the thermostat and not the Knock sensor.

THey had charged her for the thermostat job. (there was never an indication of a bad thermostat- no overheating, no overcooling, no codes for it).

Well she must have seemed stern enough-- that when we arrived to pick up the car---
there was no charge for this work.
This time it did show P0332 and knock sensor failed test.

Why didnt I change the sensor?
I told her hubby- what it was- and that it can be changed... and thought he would tackle it...
But guess not.
So I guess she ended up getting new thermostat, coolant drain and refill, and new knock sensor for the price of 1 job.

So far- 4 days since- no more CEL.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
I would prefer the GM dealer didn't touch anything. My Nissan's thermostat is 17 yo, it does not need replacement. Des cool is $14. IT's like saying we removed your *** by mistake. Sorry, but you'll need it removed in the future anyway, so we did you a solid. Ask them what machine they used on the job, then ask to see it.

The Amazon way would be you get a new Lacrosse for their bad :drunk:

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
john 070 said:
I would prefer the GM dealer didn't touch anything. My Nissan's thermostat is 17 yo, it does not need replacement. Des cool is $14. IT's like saying we removed your *** by mistake. Sorry, but you'll need it removed in the future anyway, so we did you a solid. Ask them what machine they used on the job, then ask to see it.

The Amazon way would be you get a new Lacrosse for their bad :drunk:
:hilarious2: Yep!! Again, when WE know what is the issue and they look the other way, DOH! Glad they got the 2 for 1 deal and won't have to worry about the thermostat or the knock sensor for quite some time. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
cfedor
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing