EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are currently in the process of needing to get rid of our 98 Toyota Sienna with 131K miles on it. We are deciding between a Highlander, Sienna, MDX or Enclave. I love the Enclave because of the size and that it is not another mini-van. We are very nervous about switching to Buick because of reliability and the dealership.

We are having a heck of a time working with the local Buick dealership. I went in about 1 1/2 weeks ago to get an appraisal on our Sienna and I went with the kids since my husband was at work. Earlier in the week, my husband and I took a test drive together. Since getting the appraisal on the car, we have not heard peep from the dealer. Our fear is that if we purchase from a different dealer(over an hour away), we will not get support from the local service department. Has anyone here worked or heard much about the Zimbrick Buick service center in Madison, mainly the one on the west side of town?

I really love all the car has to offer but nervous to pull the trigger based about the service we have received. Is this common since these cars are in such demand?

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I don't know about your dealer, but you don't need to worry about the reliability of buick. Check out the last JD Power 2 year reliability.

·
Registered
509 Posts
After the sale service really isn't something to worry much about either.

Right now, the dealer could just be busy, or they could just be careless. Regardless of who you buy from, Buick service is generally thought of very well...regardless of if you actually bought your car there or not.

Some dealers prefer doing service for people they also sold to, but for the most part, they know people move, people travel to find the right car, etc. and it just isn't always possible. We've never gotten ANY difference in service from the dealer, regardless of where the vehicle was actually purchased from.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Sydneypug said:
Our fear is that if we purchase from a different dealer(over an hour away), we will not get support from the local service department. Has anyone here worked or heard much about the Zimbrick Buick service center in Madison, mainly the one on the west side of town?
I think it probably depends on the dealer. We bought our Enclave 515 miles away and have taken it in to the local dealer, 4 miles away, for service, accessory additions and warranty work, with nothing but the friendliest and helpfull attitude demonstrated. They send an emailed questionaire after each service and seem to want to be sure of my satisfaction, the same as the selling dealer did with Buick.

Wayne

·
Registered
3 Posts
If things aren't working out w/ Zimbrick, go a bit east to Don Jacobs in Waukesha. I am working w/ them now to order an Enclave. They are quoting me a couple hundred dollars below supplier pricing. It won't matter which Buick dealer you visit for service, you don't have to go to the one you bought it from. Good luck!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Funny thing about Don Jacobs. I was originally going to order my Enclave at GMS pricing from them but we could not agree on a trade in value of my Touareg. A few months went by and I ended up selling my Silverado, so I put my order together and called them up only to be told they would not honor GM employee pricing anymore. I ended up making a call the Brookfield Buick that day and they took my order over the phone. They were very helpful and took a lot of time at delivery to make sure we didn't have any questions on the new car.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Funny thing about dealers...it sometimes depend on just who you are talking to. I started talking to a new guy at my dealership (bought a Rendezvous from them 4 years ago, but that salesperson was gone). He wasn't real helpful but I tried to get to know him and let him know what I wanted and needed. It just seemed to get worse. I learned so much by coming here, I felt I was able to go to someone at the dealer and say..."I can't deal with this guy. If I have to work with him I have to go somewhere else." They IMMEDIATELY gave me a different salesman. An "older" guy who knew how to talk to "older" woman. He listened and he heard what I said. The transaction was totally painless and I was totally happy with the whole deal. Maybe it did help that they "knew" me, I don't know, but why don't you try talking to someone else at the dealership? Just a thought.[/color]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts