EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figure some might find this useful. It's a ~450MB download, but it's absolutely useful.

h t t p s : // anonfiles.com/file/4faae135818bcc2be6e3bce8b839eace

Enjoy! :cheers:

*edited* for incorrect link.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
I am thinking the same thing, especially since first time posters shouldn't be able to leave a live link. For now, I am going to block the link unless someone reputable confirms its authenticity and safety.

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Good call Timmy and Gold. I tried just typing the web address in and it came up with "website not found".
Gold, If it were up to me, I would just delete this whole thread.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sorry I wrote an incorrect link: should have been anonfiles.com, not anoniles.com. I corrected the original.

The file is legitimate. If you want to delete, go ahead. I'm trying to do the community a favour.

I'm a first-time poster here, but you can search my username on Google to find me all over the net in established communities.

KP

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well I do not know if this would go to a manual or not if I continued, but Symantec has it flagged:

Malicious Web Site Blocked

You attempted to access:
http://anonfiles.com/file/4faae135818bcc2be6e3bce8b839eace

This is a known malicious web site. It is recommended that you do NOT visit this site. The detailed report explains the security risks on this site.

For your protection, this web site has been blocked. Visit Symantec to learn more about phishing and internet security.

Exit this site

Continue to site anyway

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Symantec also flags most of the torrent and usenet sites I visit.

Otherwise AVG lists it as a safe site: avgthreatlabs.com/sitereports/domain/anonfiles.com/

As does ScamAdviser: h t t p : / / scamadviser.com/is-anonfiles.com-a-fake-site.html

KP

·
Registered
42 Posts
OK, this thing checks out...anti-virus might flag the site but I downloaded the file and scanned with multiple virus scanners and it is clean....and the best part is that it is indeed the 2008-2010 factory service manual. Now if I could just get a 2011 manual.

·
Registered
42 Posts
And a big thanks!

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
OMG! At first I was a doubter! Now I am a believer! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!! I just downloaded it and it is ALL there down to the very last nut and bolt!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Given your experience and activity on other forums, I am sure you understand our initial suspicions. From the entire community,thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I wish somebody could score one of these for my 2010 Lincoln MKS.....

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
I am glad that this checked out. :thumb:

Also, :welcome: to the forum. Unfortunately, there has been a surge in malicious activity on this forum lately, so our skepticism was sadly necessary.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I have also downloaded the file; many thanks!

Be prepared to wait for a long time if you don't have a fast connection. I have Charter Cable's fastest connection available and it took about 45 minutes to download.

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
BadAV said:
I have also downloaded the file; many thanks!

Be prepared to wait for a long time if you don't have a fast connection. I have Charter Cable's fastest connection available and it took about 45 minutes to download.
Yeah, I think I waited 10-15 minutes. But 454MB @ 5MBps = 90.8Sec (1 min.:30 sec.) If I had been the only one on the internet, should have only taken a minute and a half? If I have done my math correctly. ???

·
Registered
432 Posts
★ During my years here I've noted that some of the most useful information and advice has come from newer members. This find and post by palanski is in the league with the best of them. Many of us have been burned by internet misadventures, so the hesitation on the part of some is understandable. I'd like to add my great thanks to palanski for his having the patience to put up with the once-burned members here!

I not only downloaded the files (25-minutes to do), but copied them to a flash drive (8-minutes to do) so that I could have them in the Enclave itself whenever needed[/color]. It takes less than a minute to unarchive the zip file. You just never know when it could come in handy while "on the road."

Thanks, again, palanski for your caring enough to share your find. :thumb:

2Much

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Eloquently written, 2Much! Good idea about the flashdrive, too!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Be careful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I went to download this, a full screen pop up appeared that was prompting me to upgrade Chrome to view this web page. It was pretty convincing to the casual web user.

It was an obvious attempt to download malware. You've been warned.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts