EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Enclave that now has the keys stuck in the ACC position and cannot be removed. I've had to disconnected to positive terminal at the fuse box under the hood. Also, the rear lights (brake, running, signal) are not working.
Things started with the drivers controls for windows not working, and from there, the heat seat (driver side) stopped working, although the lights indicate that it it on "high." The latest addition to the issues is that now, when I use the remote lock or put the car in gear, only the rear doors auto-lock.
I have checked all fuses, replaced respective relays, and even replaced the BCM ($600.00 I could have done without dishish out...) only to still be in the same spot I was before.
Can anyone offer something that makes sense?

Thanks in advance, Mike

·
Super Moderator
582 Posts
Normally with the key being stuck I'd say replace the ignition because there's a solenoid in there that blocks the key from turning past ACC if it thinks the car isn't park and it's somewhat common in older cars for that to fail. It's an idiot check to make sure you don't step out of the car without putting it in park. However, with all the other electrical issues you're having I wouldn't replace it without testing the voltage to see if that solenoid is even getting the signal to release the key.

Since you've already replaced the BCM I'd look very closely at the harness coming from the BCM as well as the major ground wires. I think you're going to find the harness has rubbed somewhere and is shorting out against the frame, or you've got a loose or corroded ground wire that's giving the BCM voltage issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying Jay. I saw some of the other things you had posted in reply to similar problems.
I've been thinking a ground fault as well, but not sure on how to even begin to isolate where it might be. Visually, I can see nowhere that wires have been rubbing, but obviously I can't see everywhere. Any suggestions to help locate the possible short?
Thanks

·
Registered
85 Posts
I don't think you are dealing with a short (Power to ground) as you would have blown fuses on the affected circuit (s). If you can locate a wiring diagram, look for a common ground point for all the components that are malfunctioning. If that doesn't work, take one of the issues and diag it and hopefully that will lead to the common issue. I'm assuming that you have checked to make sure you don't have any blown fuses in any of the fuse boxes. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts