EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any Buick Enclave owners out there that don't have anything wrong with their car? It seems a bit strange that the Buick dealers don't even know how to fix their own product. Just a bunch of guesses that end up costing thousands of dollars for their customers? Let's figure this out folks! BATTERY SAVER ACTIVE, is not just coming up on my car screen! Get your crap together and find out why this is still happening in thousands of cars! FIX IT!!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Quite discouraging for someone who's considering purchasing a 2018 or 2019 Enclave that every single owner has something wrong with their vehicle.
You're on a Foreum that helps owners with issues. I'm sure there are many owners that don't have major issues and are not on this site. I traded in my 2008 with 227k miles and even though I had some issues, it was a great car.

·
Registered
406 Posts
You can go to any vehicle specific forum and think there are nothing but problems with that vehicle. That's how forums work. The vast majority of people who aren't having problems with their cars aren't posting on forums. Overall the lambda platform, once they got past the wave plate issues of the 07-09 models, is a solid platform.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I had a 2008 Enclave - first year of production. Had some startup problems - typical of a brand new platform/car design. GM made good on all of the problems. Sold the car with 138k miles on it. Maintenance cost to me for that car was typical of what I have paid on previous cars. I now have a 2017 Buick enclave - GREAT ROAD CAR - white exterior with black interior. Black finish inside with rear captains chair seats. Normal oilchange/filter etc and no problems which is what i expect from GM. My local dealer has been excellent and knowledgeable relative to proper car maintenance.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I had a 09 Traverse LTZ that i liked a lot. First year model, had a ton of problems. Owned it 7 years 77000 miles. Never let the warranty lapse. Very Little out of pocket money spent except for warrant and tires, brake pads. Found a 2015 Enclave Premium Used with 5000 miles 18 months old. Have owned it for 2 and half years and not a single problem. Got a flat yesterday. Has been a great car. So i am here to tell you there are cars out there that are good cars. And yes forums like this are made for people with problems. I am also a member of a corvette forum for over 18 years. i have been telling my wife for years i must have got the best c5 made because of all the complaints that are talked about.

·
Registered
406 Posts
There's another pattern I've seen. If you bought your used Enclave with low miles and a CPO warranty you're far more likely to have an enjoyable ownership experience than if you bought it with 80k or more and no warranty. By 80k some parts are ready to fail, especially if those 80k weren't well maintained miles and you have no idea how the previous owner treated the car. Most of the recent, "I hate my Enclave, it's so unreliable" posts have started with, "I bought this 9 or 10 year old SUV with 1xxk miles..."

·
Registered
83 Posts
We have a 2008 bought in 2016 with 94000 miles on it

Today has around 122000 I would not hesitate to go on 5000 mile road trip I would check the oil a couple times to be safe.

·
Registered
19 Posts
We bought a 2013 enclave that was CPO with 16xxx miles on it and did not have any major issues other than rear AC motor went out. Ended up selling it to the wife's sister last month with close to 100k and no other issues.
Went to a 2018 avenir AWD, has about 2000 miles on it so far and only issues was the wind noise from driver's front door and infotainment screen distortion in hot weather, both of which have been addressed by the dealership (the latter just had a bulletin posted less than 2 weeks ago).
I would say that this forum is far from representing the "entire" Enclave ownership. This is a very low volume activity car based forum (compared to forums for my other vehicles). I would say if that was the only issues with car ownership up to 100k miles, then I think the vehicle has held up well. It is also all about how you take care of the vehicle...

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
I bought my Red Jewel 08 cxl awd 11/1/2012 with 64k miles on it. I didn't purchase an ext warranty. Actual mfg date of my "Cherry-Ot" is April 24, 2007. Sure, I have had some issues, but I feel that thru the journey of 5 years and now at 146k miles Dealer did the work: front & rear AC evap coils replaced, power steering pump (included the whole rack), a broken rear suspension spring, a battery, brake rotors/pads,
I did this work: coil packs and plugs, transmission fluid change, oil changes, oil/air/cabin filter changes, wore out liftgate latch, AC blend actuator.....
I removed the instrument cluster, shipped it off for repairs for non working lights on 3 gauges. Whoopie....
I'm not complaining. Even with the headaches, I still love the vehicle. It's a car, it's a mechanical/electrical nightmare. And just needs TLC to keep it running in tip top order - even with 1 major ane 2 minor accidents on my part.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Dump this beast the moment the warranty runs out. You have been warned.

There is a reason the 8-12 Enclave is on Consumer Reports "Used cars to Avoid" list.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
10 Participants
Bigal56
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing