EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Buick/GM folks that are reading our forum -- in the interest of still trying to buy your product, I have continued contacting dealers that show as having in-stock Enclaves.
When I email them, I ask if the unit is available and ask if they will sell the unit at Supplier pricing.
While I know Supplier pricing is left to the discretion of each dealer, what they tell customers should not be.

Here's an email (name of dealer and internet manager not divulged to protect the "innocent" -- contact me directly if you'd like this information) that I just received this morning:

"Thank you for your online inquiry and for providing us this opportunity to earn your valued business.
Unfortunately, I can not do supplier pricing on a stock unit.
I will be happy to factory order the vehicle for you. Production has been increased by 65% so we are running 6-8 weeks."

Production increased by 65%?
Running at 6 to 8 weeks?

So, let me get this straight -- you take my order today, and in 6 to 8 weeks an Enclave will show up built to my specs?

Hey jeanb1, ticner58, goterps -- are you guys down with this?
I'm going to order 2 so that I can sell the 2nd one for a few thousand over MSRP for those unknowing fools that went to the wrong dealer.
I must have hit the jackpot.
I found the right dealer with allocations of Enclaves to spare -- and a supercharged factory operation to go with it. Man, production up over 65%.
Anyone else want in on this action?
This kind of pure, unadulterated :bs: is what's going to cost you guys dearly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
desgnconcpts said:
Dear Buick/GM folks that are reading our forum -- in the interest of still trying to buy your product, I have continued contacting dealers that show as having in-stock Enclaves.
When I email them, I ask if the unit is available and ask if they will sell the unit at Supplier pricing.
While I know Supplier pricing is left to the discretion of each dealer, what they tell customers should not be.

Here's an email (name of dealer and internet manager not divulged to protect the "innocent" -- contact me directly if you'd like this information) that I just received this morning:

"Thank you for your online inquiry and for providing us this opportunity to earn your valued business.
Unfortunately, I can not do supplier pricing on a stock unit.
I will be happy to factory order the vehicle for you. Production has been increased by 65% so we are running 6-8 weeks."

Production increased by 65%?
Running at 6 to 8 weeks?

So, let me get this straight -- you take my order today, and in 6 to 8 weeks an Enclave will show up built to my specs?

Hey jeanb1, ticner58, goterps -- are you guys down with this?
I'm going to order 2 so that I can sell the 2nd one for a few thousand over MSRP for those unknowing fools that went to the wrong dealer.
I must have hit the jackpot.
I found the right dealer with allocations of Enclaves to spare -- and a supercharged factory operation to go with it. Man, production up over 65%.
Anyone else want in on this action?
This kind of pure, unadulterated :bs: is what's going to cost you guys dearly.
Ask them if they're so confident that 8 weeks it the max you'll wait, if they'll knock $500 a week after 10 weeks if for some reason GM is slow in getting you your vehicle...

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
tk421 said:
Ask them if they're so confident that 8 weeks it the max you'll wait, if they'll knock $500 a week after 10 weeks if for some reason GM is slow in getting you your vehicle...
In your dreams ??? ??? ???

·
Registered
172 Posts
Unfortunately, jeanb1 went on down the road. I took the bait once. But, unlike a fish, I'll only take it once. Desgnconcpts you must have had a dream sometime today. This dealer can't possibly be for real. He is completely out of the loop and sure made a ass of himself. I'd like to see someone with enough ----- to put that in writing! Heck, maybe I'll call him, that's a lot sooner than I now expect mine.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ticner58,
I spoke at length to this dealer today. Honestly, don't know what or who to believe anymore. I think osli said it well -- dealers are saying anything and everything to grab business at their store. While I was on the phone, sales let me "listen" to the conversation with the General Mgr -- they apparently have a slot available, but they want a $500 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit. This is troubling to me because whether I buy it or someone else does, it won't be on their lot but a few days.

So, I'm going to try and figure out which direction to go. Waiting for a call back from my dealer. As Ricky would say, "you got some 'splainin' to do, Lucy." ;D
This is where the Buick corporate guys and gals could have helped us all out -- all dealers are "the biggest" "#1" or "we have delivered more Enclaves than anyone else" -- they all cannot be telling the truth. So who to believe -- and if I let my order sit there and take my dealer's past comments that it will be picked up by Sept and delivered in early November.

And then of course, how to reconcile all this with the 6 to 8 week delivery time claimed -- and the bigger claim of a 65% production increase. Of course, this person did not know, as we do, that the 3rd shift doesn't even go into operation for a few weeks (Sept 4).

I need several of these right now :beer: :beer: and if I get :drunk: then maybe I won't care anymore ::)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tk421 said:
That was a great idea -- I did ask and they completely side-stepped answering this for me. I might just be willing to risk a $500 deposit if they would put this into their contract. I wonder, though, if it would be legally enforceable (with all the T&C's that are always printed on the back of every contract). You'd need to be Thomas Jefferson to read through it all.

Has anyone else done this with their dealer order? Has anyone tried to financially hold the dealer's feet to the fire re order acceptance and/or delivery?

·
Registered
222 Posts
desgnconcpts said:
- and the bigger claim of a 65% production increase. Of course, this person did not know, as we do, that the 3rd shift doesn't even go into operation for a few weeks (Sept 4).
I heard that the 65% number is being broadcast to the Dealers through the Internal GM messaging that will be a result of the added third shift (Dealer read me the message over the phone). What I can not fathom is that with adding the shift I would maybe expect a 1/3 increase but 65%?? ??? How is that possible?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Remember, we're dealing with professional salespeople and supply and demand. I walked into a dealer two weeks ago and saw my first Enclave on the lot and made a bargain for supplier pricing (I do work for a GM supplier) on a model I liked that was just being pulled off the delivery truck. I can say I've never been happier with an auto purchase...I've got that "Good GM Feeling" If you really feel strongly about the Enclave, take my advice, tough it out and get one anyway you can swing it. You won't regret it! :thumb:

·
Registered
81 Posts
muljo said:
I heard that the 65% number is being broadcast to the Dealers through the Internal GM messaging that will be a result of the added third shift (Dealer read me the message over the phone). What I can not fathom is that with adding the shift I would maybe expect a 1/3 increase but 65%?? ??? How is that possible?
Remember that the factory is producing Enclaves, Acadias, and Outlooks. If most of the increased capacity is devoted to Enclaves, the 65% increase in Enclaves is very possible.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Remember that the factory is producing Enclaves, Acadias, and Outlooks. If most of the increased capacity is devoted to Enclaves, the 65% increase in Enclaves is very possible.
Hey jcflorida, you just may have something there. Never thought of it that way. Here's
hoping you're correct! :cheers:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A quick follow up on my original post starting this thread.
This dealer swears they have a slot tomorrow -- and want a $500 NON REFUNDABLE deposit to secure it with my order.

This has caused untold grief in my house with my wife demanding to know why our dealer (who took our order with no deposit because our family has done a lot of business with them) will not provide us with the exact week that our Enclave order will actually be accepted by VOMS and move to an order code of 2000 or better.

I honestly don't know who or what to believe anymore -- as this dealer also bad-mouthed my dealer pretty extensively, so I know if they are lying to me, I will never see my deposit without an attorney getting involved. There's a limit to how much time and trouble to invest in this whole mess. :help: :help: :help:

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
desgnconcpts said:
This dealer swears they have a slot tomorrow -- and want a $500 NON REFUNDABLE deposit to secure it with my order.

This has caused untold grief in my house with my wife demanding to know why our dealer (who took our order with no deposit because our family has done a lot of business with them) will not provide us with the exact week that our Enclave order will actually be accepted by VOMS and move to an order code of 2000 or better.

I honestly don't know who or what to believe anymore -- as this dealer also bad-mouthed my dealer pretty extensively, so I know if they are lying to me, I will never see my deposit without an attorney getting involved. There's a limit to how much time and trouble to invest in this whole mess. :help: :help: :help:
"bad-mouthed my dealer"

As someone who has been in sales for 30 years, there is one thing I always live by.
"NEVER bad-mouth your competitor, you never know when you will be working for them"
That being said, be very wary ???

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MRBUICK said:
"NEVER bad-mouth your competitor, you never know when you will be working for them"
That being said, be very wary ???
I'm right with you there (30 yrs in sales too!) -- you also never know when that will come back to haunt you. Their comments really made me wonder if they are telling the truth. I guess we all hear what we want to hear, and the only thing that really registered was Allocation tomorrow -- order accepted. I wonder ???

·
Registered
577 Posts
desgnconcpts said:

"Show me the money" or is it "Show me the slot first" If they know they have a slot then they can show it to you!

·
Registered
8 Posts
To add to the conversation...

I went to a dealer last week to see a few Enclave's they were pulling off the delivery truck (none we wanted but wanted to see the colors) and they told us minimum 8-10 weeks and anyone that tells us any earlier is lying. Follow that with them later telling us they had 1-2 open allocation spots that week and if we ordered, our order would get picked up the following week and we'd take delivery 6 weeks after that. So, let's see, that's 7 weeks. So, they basically had already told us not to believe them, right? ::)

·
Registered
172 Posts
wildcat said:
To add to the conversation...

I went to a dealer last week to see a few Enclave's they were pulling off the delivery truck (none we wanted but wanted to see the colors) and they told us minimum 8-10 weeks and anyone that tells us any earlier is lying. Follow that with them later telling us they had 1-2 open allocation spots that week and if we ordered, our order would get picked up the following week and we'd take delivery 6 weeks after that. So, let's see, that's 7 weeks. So, they basically had already told us not to believe them, right? ::)
There's nothing like "dealer logic". ::)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well,
I got a follow up email that said "sorry you missed out on using our allocation on Thursday -- had you placed your order when I talked to you on Tuesday, your order would have been accepted and you would have had your Enclave in October." This, of course, was just after I just confirmed that in fact the Lux Package was still constrained -- they are only able to mfg about 125 Enclaves a day with this package, so even the biggest of dealers is only getting 1 slot a week where they can "put through to the next round" an order with the Lux Package!

So, regardless of anything else, with our requiring that package, we are stuck in line across the country -- just think how few cars that is -- less than 3 per state per day.

I think I'm either supposed to get in this coming week or the week after -- I wish I could pin my dealer down to find out, but he has been very evasive and probably pissed that he agreed to take my order @ Supplier pricing when they are supposedly selling every unit they get their hands on for sticker or better. I suspect that there are games being played behind the scenes with where I'm at priority-wise and I am very fearful because of this that I'll continue to be stuck at the back of the line at the dealership.

I really wish there was some way GM could put the hammer down and police some of the :bs: that's occuring.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sorry, desgnconcpts, but I'm confused.

The e-mail you received was from a dealership you did not order from, right?

And your car from the dealership you did order from is due next week or the week after, right?

Just wanting to make certain that I'm completely clear.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Centurion,
Sorry to be confusing --

Our paperwork was written up on 7/27
Our dealer did not put the order into VOMS until 8/1 -- upon which it was "validated" as a build-able car, and given a order code of 1100
At the time we wrote up the paperwork, the dealer told us there were 4 orders ahead of ours -- because we are in a fairly affluent area, my presumption is they all have Luxury Package too

It's been 3 weeks, the dealer/owner still can't/won't/refuses to commit to when our order will be accepted by GM (and be upped to order code 2000), meaning they used one of their allocations to get ours in line to be built.

I just talked to the salesman again today, he checked/verified we're still at 1100 and he had no idea of when the above would happen. In the meantime, I've been trying to find out from other dealers about their allocation slots -- and whether I could order one with Lux package and have it accepted in that week's units allocated. The above exchange was with another dealer that claimed they had a slot that allowed them the Lux package. I didn't jump on it because I didn't believe them and they wanted $500 non-refundable deposit. Figured just about everyone else was lying, then I'd be out another $500 and no closer to the car we want.

And I have confirmed that the hangup right now to getting in line is the Luxury Package as they can only build 125 a day -- so even the largest dealers cannot possibly be getting many more than 1 per week that would allow them to get the luxury package. You'd think by now that GM would have the hammer down on that supplier -- this has been the case for a number of weeks with the power tilt/telescope mechanism in short supply.

Hey GM/Buick -- re-do the package -- I could care less about power tilt/telescope but I do want the articulating headlamps and power folding mirrors!
I guess compared to ticner58, who's been at 1100 since April, I have nothing to complain about. But regardless, this is maddening to wait and wait with no answers and see other people put orders in after and then see them have their orders accepted and past order code 2000 -- some even have build dates for pete's sake!

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
desgnconcpts said:
Hey GM/Buick -- re-do the package -- I could care less about power tilt/telescope but I do want the articulating headlamps and power folding mirrors!
I feel your pain but for us that part of the package was critical.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts