EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A post by 'chumster' prompted me to start this new thread. I am curious to know how everyone was pressured, if at all, to giving all excellent marks on buick's customer satisfaction survey regarding their dealership. I have found this is customary at the dealership we have purchased our last 4 cars from. They show us a "sample" of the survey with all excellent marks, and the other marks have red letters saying "FAIL" -- they use the tactic that by giving the highest marks assures them great allocations and great deals for future sales, in effect, saying if you don't give us high marks you may not get what you want next time or you may not get as good a deal. The salesman also makes us feel pressured by saying he won't get a bonus if he has any bad marks at all.

I am happy with my purchase, but not really happy with my salesman. He never returned one phone call or email, I always had to hunt him down. And he made me feel like I was wasting his time. Therefore, my survey still sits somewhere on my desk at home, I don't think I'll be sending it in.

Curious if this is something GM dealerships do across the board or just a select few. Like one poster said, it really defeats the purpose of a survey. :-\

·
Registered
413 Posts
No pressure here; I have never been ask to fill out any such thing at the dealership I have purchased my last three Buick's from. I received the satisfaction survey in the mail from Buick.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The survey wasn't even brought up when I was at the dealership. I received a link by email about a week after I bought the car and I think someone called our house to do a survey as well. We had a great experience with our salesman/purchase and would buy from him again without hesitation.

·
Registered
159 Posts
What I would really like is a survey from GM about the dealers I didn't buy from and why. Both the Gmc dealers sales managers were jerks. I was all set to buy the acadia and then they stuck their faces in. One wouldn't even talk about my trade in, and the other wouldn't discuss looking for a vehicle. Of course both called me back a week or two later with better deals. Sorry the Buick dealer had already given me his best and I took it. Better car too.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am not very satisfied with my salesman. He didnt return calls, made me wait 3 days for delivery since he was out, never provides info when requested (finance rate, install price for assist steps, order status codes) and didnt know very much about the Enclave.

When I took delivery on Monday at least 3 separate occasions he mentioned that it is really important that I give the top rating on question 14. He said it effected his 401k and pay and if for any reason I thought I could not give the top rating then to contact him so they could make it right and get the top rating.

Well obviously he cant make the above things right after the fact. So I have been very torn on what to do. I decided to tell the truth and give him the feedback verbally. He said he would be in the dealership this afternoon so I went in to give him his feedback. I figured his reaction will help me determine the rating I give. Well of course I drive in and he is not there. Typical!

·
Registered
29 Posts
It was mentioned in the finance office but I wouldn't call it pressure. I was very satisfied with the people I dealt with at two of the three dealerships I went to. There was a lady at a Saturn dealer that was quite rude but that could just be some of that Yankee winter time hospitality. One thing I will say, the GMC and Buick dealerships in my area are quite frankly, dumps. And I don't have a problem with old. I have a problem with messy and unkept. When the roof leaks and damages the drop in ceiling tiles, replace them. If the carpet is torn, fix it. I don't mean to go out an spend thousands of dollars that don't need to be fixed, just upkeep. We still love the Enclave though.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
We had an excellent buying experience with our dealer. Jim Burke Buick/Pontiac/GMC in Birmingham and they were very professional, courteous and above all HONEST! A refreshing experience in this day and age. I gave all excellent marks to the dealer and salesman because they deserved it. :thumb: :thumb: Also, dealership was modern, clean and as impressive as our Enclave which they had sitting front and center in the showroom when we went to pick it up.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Hey Kmitchell, what was question # 14? I don't remember them by the number. I gave "excellent" on most every question, except maybe one or two, I gave a "very good". Like on "how was their inventory of vehicles for you to look at?" And I was being generous here because, of course, they had none. I was able to test drive a red jewel[/color] earlier that summer, though. Hope that didn't hurt them, as I was very pleased with everything, overall, and couldn't have been treated better. [/color]

Weld County Garage ROCKS! :friday:[/color]

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rosita2001 said:
Hey Kmitchell, what was question # 14? I don't remember them by the number. I gave "excellent" on most every question, except maybe one or two, I gave a "very good". Like on "how was their inventory of vehicles for you to look at?" And I was being generous here because, of course, they had none. I was able to test drive a red jewel[/color] earlier that summer, though. Hope that didn't hurt them, as I was very pleased with everything, overall, and couldn't have been treated better. [/color]

Yeah I'd like to know what question 14 is too! The way we were told, if we were to give anything but Excellent, then the dealership fails. Well to me, "very good," isn't failing. That's why I think it's a load of [email protected] :eyebrow:

·
Registered
743 Posts
I was happy with my Dealer but, I had a problem with GM and the delay in delivering my Vehicle and I was going to reflect that, but, I didn't get a Survey Form. :angryfire:

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I think we have shown it is pretty common place for them to ask you to give all excellents. Put me in that camp. After the delivery guy went through the Enclave with me (most of the time telling me "I will just have to check the manual on that one") he finished by telling me I would be getting a survey and to please give them all excellents or it hurts the dealer. Just matter of fact like that, certainly was not the first time he said it. Now I waited 2 1/2 months for mine, never got an update call, my calls not returned for the most part, etc. I filled it out honestely and did not give all excellents, what is the point of it.

PS they also had a wall with these surveys filled out, much to my shock and awe, all of the posted surveys were excellents. I looked for mine when I was in for my 1000 mile oil change, but I could not find it, must not of had time to put it up yet? ???

·
Registered
134 Posts
JustDriftin said:
What I would really like is a survey from GM about the dealers I didn't buy from and why. Both the Gmc dealers sales managers were jerks. I was all set to buy the acadia and then they stuck their faces in. One wouldn't even talk about my trade in, and the other wouldn't discuss looking for a vehicle. Of course both called me back a week or two later with better deals. Sorry the Buick dealer had already given me his best and I took it. Better car too.
I couldn't agree more!
I always buy from the same large dealer group, but checked out another dealer when mine had no Enclaves (back in June). They conveniently "forgot" to mention the $1,000 "conquest allowance" and $1,000 "chrome package?" allowance. Even though they had all my info, and knew I was going to buy, they never called back.

My dealer mentioned the survey, which I filled out ,when receiver in the mail, and gave them 100% which they deserved.

If I have any issue with a particular employee, I bring it to the attention of management. On my first oil change, they neglected to wipe off the drain oil from the crossmember and I had some drips on the garage floor. I called the service manager, and he appreciated the call.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I was actually contemplating putting pressure on the dealership to see how far they would go to"earn" excellent" marks. They already offered an oil change and a full tank of gas. Maybe I should ask for something more serious - like running boards or even headrest DVD players.

Not that I would go for it, but just from a pure experimental point of view, it would be a good exercise (if I find time to do it).

If someone else decides to try it with their dealers, we can compare the "offers" and give out an award to the sleaziest dealer >:D

·
Registered
83 Posts
Rosita2001 said:

I just got the email with the link to the survey last night. I want to talk to my dealer about my constructive feedback prior to filling out the survey so I have not accessed the link to see what #14 is yet. I tried to talk to my dealer yesterday but he was not there when I stopped by. I will try again Monday night and fill out the survery based on that meeting and his reaction to my feedback. Once I access the link I will let you know the questions. On another note, I took my Enclave to a competing dealer today to have my chrome assist steps installed. NOW I know what I should have been treated like. They treated me very well and installed the assist steps for $96 (my original dealer, Armen in Ardmore PA, wanted $273). I feel more comfortable giving honest feedback as I likely wont be back for service!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
kmitchell said:
I just got the email with the link to the survey last night. I want to talk to my dealer about my constructive feedback prior to filling out the survey so I have not accessed the link to see what #14 is yet. I tried to talk to my dealer yesterday but he was not there when I stopped by. I will try again Monday night and fill out the survery based on that meeting and his reaction to my feedback. Once I access the link I will let you know the questions. On another note, I took my Enclave to a competing dealer today to have my chrome assist steps installed. NOW I know what I should have been treated like. They treated me very well and installed the assist steps for $96 (my original dealer, Armen in Ardmore PA, wanted $273). I feel more comfortable giving honest feedback as I likely wont be back for service!
Isn't it amazing how when you walk in a good dealership you know it immediately?! Maybe you found a place to take your future business, eh? [/color] :eyebrow:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Even though we were "Completely Satisified" as the survey says, with our dealer experience, the survey was mentioned several times and promised an oil change. I received the survey about 10 days later by email and filled it out. Didn't know until I completed it that is instructed to throw the mailed one away when received since I filled out the email. Just as a courtesy to my salesman, I called and told him what had happened, but assured him I gave all good marks. He seemed a little concerned, but I'm not sure why. He asked to still bring the mailed survey in when I was in the area (about 45 miles away). Thought that was quite strange and he didn't mention the oil change again since it was done online. Still happy with them, but what's the deal with this survey? I got the "anything less than completely satisfied, is a failure" too!!!!!!??????

I would rather have the survey in 6 months to really evaluate the car and see if the dealship continues to call to see if how we like it. So far though in the 1st 650 miles, we are extremely happy. Averaging over 20 mpg with about a 60/40 highway/city driving. That was a concern as our Murano averaged 22-23. :blob:

·
Registered
314 Posts
I took my Enclave to a competing dealer today to have my chrome assist steps installed. NOW I know what I should have been treated like. They treated me very well...
kmitchell: Who is this wonderful dealer? As you may recall, we (kinda) live in your area...

·
Registered
83 Posts
lingohocken said:
kmitchell: Who is this wonderful dealer? As you may recall, we (kinda) live in your area...
I went to O'Neill Pontiac/GMC/Buick in Newtown Square PA off Rt. 3. They gave a competitive quote, were extremely friendly and straightforward, was able to take me Saturday when I called Thursday evening and actually came in under the quote at $96 instead of the $100 - $150 quoted. You could tell that they really cared about my business. I dont think I can go back to my delivery dealer, Armen, since they quoted me $273. I lost some trust there and they didnt return my call after 3 attempts to get a quote in the first place. I am less than a mile away from Armen and 7 miles from O'Neill but it is very clear that O'Neill cares about my business more than Armen.

For comparison purposes, I also called a dealer near you in Conshohocken, starts with an L, cant remember the exact name, maybe Longley? It is next to the BJs, Home Depot and Circuit City. They also gave a quote of $100 but did not have Saturday hours which is a requirement if I am going to go somewhere further than my less than 1 mile option with Armen. Loughead in Springfield quoted me at $176 so all options were way less then Armen. Maybe it is the Main Line factor?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Thanks, kmitchell. We're planning to order a 2009 this summer, and thus far our short list of worthy dealers has included only Bergey's Buick in Franconia. So, your tip is most helpful.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts