EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think i remember somebody saying that the build date was printed on a sticker on the drivers door, but i couldnt find the thread. is that were it is located?

·
Registered
509 Posts
GoTerps said:
And another post said that the VIN number reveals the build date. How can we decode the VIN #?
No, it doesn't, unless you have access to a GM computer system and can enter it in.

The month/year build date, as with every GM, should be right inside the driver's door jamb or on the edge of the door.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Gmoney_2010 said:
I think i remember somebody saying that the build date was printed on a sticker on the drivers door, but i couldnt find the thread. is that were it is located?
The build month/year is on the tire chart on the drivers door. It does not show the exact date.

Wayne

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just got a new 08 Enclave CXL today. All the issues with the camshaft and the sun roof leaks make a bit queasy, so I wanted to know the build date of mine in case it comes up.

I have looked at the locations indicated and did not see anything that looks like a build date. Can anyone tell where the build date is found? If I am totally missing it on the door jamb, or on the tire pressure/load label, can you clue as to where to look for it on these?

Thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ignore the white sticker on the chassis, turn around and look for the silver sticker on the bottom left of the driver's door. I had to move the door gasket out of the way to see the build month/year on the top right of the silver sticker. (I picked mine up this week as it came off the truck, so I got a 07/08 build, hopefully all the issues are shaken out!)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. I was going to ask the service advisor that question when we go back in a week or so to pick up our tags and get introduced to him.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
They do not have the May 8th flash. this was not a flash put in to all the trannys as they are built, but a fix for people who do not like the way the tranny shifts, specifically a dead spot between 35 and 50. It needs to be requested and then hope your service people know how to do it. Look under a thread called summary of tranny reflashes and you will find the TSB and numbers on it along with lots of other info.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts