EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Red Jewel CXL with a build week of Oct 1 and I was if I changed from fwd to awd would that screw up my place in line. I've waited long enough. I did not call the dealer yet because the salesman I use is computer dumb. He has to ask somebody younger everytime he's on the computer for help. Also what would be a good price to offer the dealership for two headrest dvd players installed as shown in the brochure? Thanks

G

·
From what my dealer has indicated, once you place the order and it is received by GM, you cannot make any changes whatsoever. If you have a build date, then your order has been received. I wanted to change a few things a few days after my order was placed and was told at that time that I could not.

·
Registered
525 Posts
PAH3owner said:
I have a Red Jewel CXL with a build week of Oct 1 and I was if I changed from fwd to awd would that screw up my place in line. I've waited long enough. I did not call the dealer yet because the salesman I use is computer dumb. He has to ask somebody younger everytime he's on the computer for help. Also what would be a good price to offer the dealership for two headrest dvd players installed as shown in the brochure? Thanks
I find it amazing that a new car salesman is not computer proficient! How does he manage to earn a living? :eek:hno:

·
Registered
14 Posts
chellie said:
From what my dealer has indicated, once you place the order and it is received by GM, you cannot make any changes whatsoever. If you have a build date, then your order has been received. I wanted to change a few things a few days after my order was placed and was told at that time that I could not.
I was told the same thing, I could not change my mind once I had a build date.

·
Registered
344 Posts
PAH3, just curious,when did you order your enclave? Your build date is close to mine, which is October 8th. We ordered mine on August 10th, and 2 wks ago I was told my enclave was being built as of 9/3, but then on Friday I was told the build date is now October 8th! I was pretty upset at this. But we were told we're "lucky" to have a build date, and that the factory has had to add shifts and now they are working around the clock on the big rush of enclave orders. I've heard some stories of people waiting as long as 5 months for their car. :eek:hno:

We should start a poll on how long it took from order to receipt of vehicle..

PS forgot to add, that we also tried to change from FWD to AWD and are being told no.

·
Registered
249 Posts
If you didn't put money down or have a no obligation agreement with the dealer then you can canx your order anytime and reorder if you want. Of course you lose your place in line. We were required to put $1k down and we could canx anytime. We would only get the $1k back after the vehicle was sold to someone else, which we knew wouldn't be a problem if we canx'd.

I know you would like to keep your build date, but with so many backorders, it would be almost impossible to change anything as soon as you've been scheduled. Good luck with your order and let us know what happens.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We ordered Aug 17 with no money down. $500 over invoice. It's probably just a little safer with the AWD but we'll be happy with the FWD. Our Hummer H3 is AWD so we're set. Thanks for the info and if anybody has a suggestion for the headrest DVD price I should offer our dealer, thanks.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
this site is going to be terrible for dealerships as we can all compare things. There is obviously no standards when it comes to procedures. My guy didn't care what I left (I left a $200.00 deposit only) and it would be refundable in full at anytime I cancelled the order. Nothing like a grand with stipulations on it. These guys are just making this up as they go along at our expense. I am not surprised...I think the stereotype of used car dealer ethics needs to be expanded to new car dealers as well. We can probably upgrade it from a stereotype to reality as well. I am the guy still waiting for my June 12 order and have never gotten one call from my dealership throughout the entire process which I am about to end car or no car.

·
Registered
525 Posts
bsox, I feel your pain!! But I must add that the internet is slowly leveling the playing field for everyone. I don't know how many times in the last half dozen years I've been able to call some dumb a** salesperson on the lies they have gotten used to handing out to an unsuspecting public. I think auto dealers better get their act together or some of them will see their traffic fall off to nothing once the word gets out on them! :angryfire:

And good luck to you..hope you get yourself into an Enclave..you'll love it!

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
jacko said:
bsox, I feel your pain!! But I must add that the internet is slowly leveling the playing field for everyone. I don't know how many times in the last half dozen years I've been able to call some dumb a** salesperson on the lies they have gotten used to handing out to an unsuspecting public. I think auto dealers better get their act together or some of them will see their traffic fall off to nothing once the word gets out on them! :angryfire:

And good luck to you..hope you get yourself into an Enclave..you'll love it!
I agree with that. Look how much info has been shared on this site alone about allocations etc. Thanks a lot. Now I am being told a 9-20 delivery, he claims to have forgotten about the 9-11 delievery date he gave me last week. He may have forgotten, but I didn't. He says he has a VIN on the vehicle, so at least if that's true I know I have not dreamed this entire thing. A VIN is good, at least I know there is an Enclave that has been built with my name on it, now can it just arrive at the right place and right time(before strike!).

Jacko, do you like your Enclave more than the Beetle?? ;D

·
Registered
525 Posts
Well, the Beetle was the first car I could call my own! I was 20, it was new, and I finally had a place besides my dorm room or parents house to entertain...Ahhh, the memories. ;D

I'd have to say unequivocally, I like the Enclave, much, much more. ;)

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
jacko said:
Well, the Beetle was the first car I could call my own! I was 20, it was new, and I finally had a place besides my dorm room or parents house to entertain...Ahhh, the memories. ;D

I'd have to say unequivocally, I like the Enclave, much, much more. ;)
Memories are good, especially those kind!!! Glad the Enclave beats the Beetle or I would have been worried either with my choice or your taste ;D My first car was an AMC Gremlin, thought I was pretty cool, had flames painted on the hood...it was hot baby :thumb: Guess I have come a ways since then.

·
Registered
15 Posts
bsox, my salesman in no longer in NEW cars but has been moved to USED cars...when I told him that I was sorry to hear that he laughed and told me that it was a PROMOTION!

My Husband had a Gremlin when I met him and I had a Corvette. I always told him that it was his car that attacted me...........LOL ;)

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
jlmoore1 said:
bsox, my salesman in no longer in NEW cars but has been moved to USED cars...when I told him that I was sorry to hear that he laughed and told me that it was a PROMOTION!

My Husband had a Gremlin when I met him and I had a Corvette. I always told him that it was his car that attacted me...........LOL ;)
That's really funny. I guess he was confident in his manliness to being able to handle that discrepancy...PS How cool was it that you had a Vet!! :thumb: Doing anything later???? :D :D :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts