EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there such a thing as a rear bumper protector for the Enclave ? I am referring to the chrome piece on top of the back bumper. I bought my Enclave used and that chrome piece is scratched up. Is there anyway to post pics to the gallery ? I tried accessing the gallery and I got a message telling me to log off and on again. Have gotten that message more than once. Thanks for any and all advice :)

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
cehasgr said:
Is there such a thing as a rear bumper protector for the Enclave ? I am referring to the chrome piece on top of the back bumper. I bought my Enclave used and that chrome piece is scratched up. Is there anyway to post pics to the gallery ? I tried accessing the gallery and I got a message telling me to log off and on again. Have gotten that message more than once. Thanks for any and all advice :)
In retrospect, I wish I would have added a strip of clear bra to that strip for protection when the vehicle was new. Not an ideal solution perhaps, but surely better than a completely unprotected chrome finish.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
cehasgr said:
I believe you have to have ten posts before you can post pics or links... :thumb:

·
Registered
123 Posts
cehasgr said:
I'd have a piece of clear bra put on it. I did this with my G8 which is painted and it's done a great job of protecting that area when something accidentally hits it, which isn't often because I am the most anal person when it comes to my vehicles... lol It's usually the edge of a blanket of a show string that I didn't see... lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Found this thread. Will consider also a Rear Bumper Protector for 2011.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I'm having NO luck figuring out how to protect this chrome piece. I am almost ready to pull the trigger on some 3M wrap, but after reading this see it may not work. I know that I'm not the only one that wants to protect this piece of my car... anyone have any other suggestions or tips that you've found helpful?

·
Registered
40 Posts
HeatherA said:
I know this is an old thread, but I'm having NO luck figuring out how to protect this chrome piece. I am almost ready to pull the trigger on some 3M wrap, but after reading this see it may not work. I know that I'm not the only one that wants to protect this piece of my car... anyone have any other suggestions or tips that you've found helpful?
Hi Heather,

3M wrap will work when it comes to protecting that bumper chrome strip (I have no idea why an installer would say it will not stick to chrome). I've had it on my vehicle since I purchased it, the chrome looks flawless and the 3M is in good shape.

·
Registered
60 Posts
BrownClave said:
Hi Heather,

3M wrap will work when it comes to protecting that bumper chrome strip (I have no idea why an installer would say it will not stick to chrome). I've had it on my vehicle since I purchased it, the chrome looks flawless and the 3M is in good shape.
Great! Thanks for letting me know! I'm going to order it and try to install it myself. I was watching some videos and for what I want it seems easy enough. I already have a scratch on the chrome and my OCD self can not get over it.

·
Super Moderator
21,166 Posts
BrownClave said:
Hi Heather,

That's good to know. I've never added any paint or bumper protection, but I might in future vehicles.

·
Registered
60 Posts
My 3m paint protector came yesterday. I'm going to attempt installation today or tomorrow. I only ordered a 6" x 25" roll so no room for mistakes. Haha. Wish me luck!

·
Super Moderator
21,166 Posts
HeatherA said:
My 3m paint protector came yesterday. I'm going to attempt installation today or tomorrow. I only ordered a 6" x 25" roll so no room for mistakes. Haha. Wish me luck!
Good luck! ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts