EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I too am looking at Buick Enclave. I am trading '04 Cadillac SRX with 30,000km as it's been in the shop past 5 weeks.... car has been rebuilt from one end to other at least once - talk about a lemon
Looked at MDX but dealer here doesn't keep them in stock and it's one price for all.
Looked at '07 Lexus 350 but no local dealer so too far to go for service
Liked BMW X5 but not the price tag.
Looks like I will get Enclave because I like the seating and cargo space. We travel to Arizona in winter and need lots of room for golf clubs, luggage etc.
Not thrilled about buying another GM nor a first-year vehicle... but what other choice is there?
Can't find anything that compares or comes close in the same price range.
Love the caddy but refuse to put up with it any more. They say the Northstar engines are a nightmare. Interesting that the GM salesman is suggesting I stay well aware from them.
Reading some of the posts here and the problems you're having with trim etc. scares me....
Quality control and service seem a thing of the past....

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have a 1998 Cadillac STS with a Northstar. This has been a great car. The Northstar has never given me any problems at all.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Could you sort of consider it a 2nd year vehicle since the other Lambda's were 07's and are now in 08 production? (They are built the same with different exterior and trims of course). I know 2nd year is a stretch since the 1st year lasted barely 6 months!

I saw a lady today who is on her 2nd SRX - she loves them!! Sorry about your experience.

Good luck with your decision. I will probably be in an Acadia because, well, frankly I don't think we are old enough to drive Buicks, the price point, and a couple other things. But it is a beautiful vehicle - I saw one the other day and my heart skipped a beat.

·
Registered
24 Posts
scobre said:
Reading some of the posts here and the problems you're having with trim etc. scares me....
Quality control and service seem a thing of the past....
Don't let a couple of posts about trim scare you. Mine is one of the nicest vehicles I have ever owned. If you take a look at any vehicle, you will find problems with trim. Molding of these types of plastics is not an exact science. With the size of some of the trim panels, you will have some slight mismatches. You will on any vehicle.

I am perfectly happy that I have bought mine and I did also look at the SRX (when I was initially told 3 to 4 months for the Enclave). Didn't care for the styling, the size, or the price as much as the Enclave.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
danf said:
Molding of these types of plastics is not an exact science. With the size of some of the trim panels, you will have some slight mismatches. You will on any vehicle.
Hello? Other manufacturers have plastic panels as well. I have never had problems with any trim, panel mismatches on my other NON-GM vehicles, not that it means all GM vehicles have these problems.

These minor things won't prevent me from getting another Enclave. It is a very fine vehicle and I love it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts