EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently seen the Urban CEO Enclave and was wondering if anyone knew what was done to the C-Pillar that appears Factory Blacked-Out like the B-Pillars? It appears to be more than just paint. I found some stainless trim pieces but I prefer the subtle blacked out look over the chromed in your face look.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
I don't like the stick on chrome because it looks "stuck on".
I am not convinced that a black C-pillar would be to my liking. I guess I would have to see it in real life.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
These happened! Do they look good, or what? They match my front license plate.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
21,166 Posts
They look great, especially against the Red Jewel paint! :thumb:

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Thanks! I decided to pull them back off b4 the car wash did. I will stick them back on with a heftier 3m double sided tape designed for the exterior emblems. But, yeah.... I like them.

·
Registered
703 Posts
cfedor:

Looks great! So did you get the 2013-style c-pillars (black pillars with the recessed logo area) and paint them to match or did you stick the logos on your existing pillars? And where did you get the logos?

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Used my original pillars. The are 4 different styles on ebay.. but i really liked the red/white/blue asmy front plate is. See if this link will work to bring them up. $9.95/ea justwimpy 3m interior double faced tape. Peel and stick surface mounted/no recessed area. But I want a stickier molding tape so they won't fall/peel or get knocked off especially in a carwash.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XBuick+steering+wheel+airbag+logo.TRS0&_nkw=Buick+steering+wheel+airbag+logo&_sacat=0

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
kenthurgood said:
cfedor,

How did you get the Buick logos so even.

Looking Good :thumb:
Tape measure, pencil(lightly), and a small level. Pillar is approximately 7" wide(center is 3-1/2" left to right). Measured up from the bottom black moulding approx. 1-7/8" to the bottom of the medallion.

·
Premium Member
21,166 Posts
Is this the same location for the logo mounting on the 2013-2015 Enclaves?

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
Is this the same location for the logo mounting on the 2013-2015 Enclaves?
I took a guess (visually). I didn't physically measure a 13-15 for correct placement..

·
Registered
703 Posts
Okay thanks. Looks good :thumb:

I am actually thinking about replacing my painted pillars with the 2013-style black ones with the recessed emblems. But when I talked to the Techs at my dealership they think you need to remove the interior trim to get to the clips on the back of the pillar to r&r it. I don't know if I want to tear half the rear interior apart just to change the pillars :banghead:

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Yeah. I wouldn't want to go thru that ordeal either. I like my "easy way out", peel and stick method.

·
Registered
441 Posts
sklunk said:
Okay thanks. Looks good :thumb:

I am actually thinking about replacing my painted pillars with the 2013-style black ones with the recessed emblems. But when I talked to the Techs at my dealership they think you need to remove the interior trim to get to the clips on the back of the pillar to r&r it. I don't know if I want to tear half the rear interior apart just to change the pillars :banghead:
You could try to use plastidip on the pillars and if you don't like it just peel it off. I have been mulling this idea around.

·
Registered
703 Posts
timmy said:
You could try to use plastidip on the pillars and if you don't like it just peel it off. I have been mulling this idea around.
Me too, I even talked about it in other threads. I may go with the Plasti-Dip to get the black color, but I like the idea of having the Buick logos recessed so they don't stick out past the windows.
But cfedor's option is much easier and less expensive :thumb:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts