EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

cabin filter or not, Enclave, Acadia , Outlook and Traverse (filter = metal screen OR paper mesh)

• 2008 yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2009 yes

• 2009 no

• 2010 yes

• 2010 no

• 2011 yes

• 2011 no

• 2007 yes

• 2007 no

• 2012 yes

• 2012 no

• 2013 yes

• 2013 no

• 2014 yes

• 2014 no

• 2015 no

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In an attempt to try to make sense of this I was proposing a poll regards the installation or otherwise of the cabin filter.

I propose initially to just do year and fitted , not fitted. If we find that it is more specific - month of build then we could alter it to cover this.

I have no idea as to how a poll is formulated -- any help!!

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
I am on my BB right now, and I do not have full function posting and polling access. When I get to my desktop later today, I will help if any is still needed. I was intending to start this poll myself last night, but didn't get online.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Well, I have an early build 2008 Enclave that has the removable tray with mesh screen, but no filter so I said "no filter". My late build 2008 Acadia has no removable tray. I have ordered the GM part number for the pollen filter from gmpartsdirect.com and will install (with pictures) in the Enclave as soon as I receive it. Should have done that a couple years ago. I'm sure the evaporator coil is covered in dirt by now.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Ccaats, when you indicate that your Acadia has no removable tray, do you mean that the space is open or that there is an unremovable plastic cover where the removable filter tray would be?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We don't want to over complicate things so can I suggest that if it has anything removable screen or filter is goes as a yes.

sorry about this change - ccaats could you please alter your vote - if posssible

·
Registered
6,479 Posts
you want this to be only Enclaves?
or Outlook,Acadia,Traverse can chime in on the poll?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Open to all would be the best - do we need to sub category this by brand.

It might be getting out of hand as a poll - this is my first - what is the protocol.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
asgard said:
We don't want to over complicate things so can I suggest that if it has anything removable screen or filter is goes as a yes.

sorry about this change - ccaats could you please alter your vote - if posssible
It won't let me change my vote.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
Ccaats, when you indicate that your Acadia has no removable tray, do you mean that the space is open or that there is an unremovable plastic cover where the removable filter tray would be?
On my Acadia, there is an unremovable plastic cover....so I don't know if there is a screen or anything else inside.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK , I changed the header to show all 4 makes.

I have no idea how to do anything else, how do we get this poll on the lead page of the forum?

I am not on any other forum, so how can we export this topic to the others except if they look on a global search. Is it up to other who travel between forums to link it

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
if I ever get some nice weather I will check mine

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
asgard, I changed the settings, so people can change their votes. Also, I set this thread up so that it will appear at the top of the poll board. Let me know if you want me to address any other concerns about your poll. ;)

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
My 07 (not an option in your poll) Acadia has the screen/no filter

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
asgard said:
Per the OP's request; I marked yes

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
I just added a definition of a filter per the OP's explanation. Phew! We'll get this poll ironed out sooner or later. ;D

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just received a DVD service manual. It covers 2008-2010 under some things the 2008 is seperate and it indicates the 2008 may have had the removable air filter, there is no reference to it in 2009-2010 and it does not cover the 2011

There is a reference to cleaning the filter........ it indicates you remove the plastic panel below the windshield, there should be a rectangular screen on the passanger side that is removable, with that off, with a vacumn you reach inside and clean the filter screen.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
I have yet to check my '08 Enclave with a 09/07 build date. It seems that only some '08s had the filter.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts