EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
That doesn't make sense. The fan speed is still adjustable in Auto mode, so if the AC comes on in Manual mode after you have turned it off, then there is no purpose for Manual mode. :crazy:

·
Registered
113 Posts
I know, crazy. I keep trying it thinking there must be something I'm doing wrong, but no, if the a/c is off it will turn on when I press the fan speed controls regardless of any settings.

Probably not a big deal for most people, I just don't like cycling the compressor on and off needlessly when I just want to circulate some air.

·
Registered
10 Posts
good morning peeps, i just took delivery of a 2019 avenir on wednesday afternoon. white with ebony interior and tech package.

i have been in the market for an awd suv for months and never really considered the buick until recently. my local gm dealer was telling me the enclave and traverse were bigger than the acadia, which we have had two and loved them. i did not like the new acadia size or styling. did my research and it was really an easy choice then, more options on the enclave than the traverse and the ride is soooo quiet and smooth. i drove a yukon xl denali for the better part of last year, and the avenir is superior in ride and comfort. (i have owned several yukon/lx in the last two decades and they were wonderful vehicles with so much versatility. $50 to fill up at today's prices and $100 at $5 a gal prices, is just too much waste for one person to travel around in. imho, their time is limited.)

i also liked the xt5 and probably would have bought one, but i kept thinking about the extra space in the enclave.

bottom line, i am on my third day and i love everything so far. loading up for a several hundred mile trip this weekend and will report back next week.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Good luck with your new ride, latunafish. I'm also loving the ride and quiet cabin. I looked at the Acadia and was disappointed when I saw how they shrunk it down. Too bad. It's a beautiful vehicle. I've taken several rides over 200 miles and gotten 26-28 mpg highway. Around town is a different story.

Dporter, I checked my climate system again yesterday. When I turn off the AC, it stays off after a restart. I don't know what's up with yours, but it doesn't make sense that it turns on by itself, unless they made some changes for 2019. :eek:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Dporter, I checked my climate system again yesterday. When I turn off the AC, it stays off after a restart. I don't know what's up with yours, but it doesn't make sense that it turns on by itself, unless they made some changes for 2019. :eek:
Correct, it doesn't come on after a restart, it comes on when I turn the fan on. When you turn the fan on, does your a/c stay off or does it turn on?

·
Registered
130 Posts
It doesn't matter if I turn the fan on from the controls below the screen or use the up/down arrows on-screen, the AC stays off unless I put it on Auto by pressing the driver's temperature control or press the on-screen AC button. Here is a excerpt from my manual regarding the fan:

ON/OFF : Press to turn the fan on
or off. When off, no air will flow into
the vehicle. Turning the fan on,
pressing any other button, or turning
a knob will turn the system back on
using the current setting.

·
Registered
113 Posts
So I discovered that if the a/c is left on when the vehicle ignition is turned off, it will come on again the next time the fan control is activated even if you don't want it to. You have to specifically turn off the a/c, not just turn off the climate controls, before turning off the engine if you don't want the a/c to turn on the next time you activate the fan.

Still a poor design, but at least there is a workaround.

·
Registered
10 Posts
so far, my only complaint is: there is not a way to put up a clothes rod in the third row or rear storage. the handles will work in the second row, only if no passengers are not there.

while i don't like the stop/start, i have used the sport mode and "L" selection to overcome that issue on occasion.

otherwise, i like everything else, so far.

i have had it about 30 days. it was a corporate car from Detroit and had about 11k when we got it back to arkansas. i have put about 3k on it so far.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My bad, I thought the sport mode would disable the start/stop. Did not work!

But the “L” selection does.

I do drive a lot, hence the issue with no rear clothes hooks. I generally put over a hundred k on my stuff before trading or passing it around in our family. On Hondas and toyotas, I will go over 2k most of the time. I have an 07 ridgeline with 217k and just put the second timing belt on it. Runs great and everything works.

I did buy the 100k warranty on the enclave because of all the electronics.

·
Registered
10 Posts
just noticed, if you have your windshield wipers on and put your avenir in reverse, your rear wiper will swipe a time or two.
also, the camera for the rear view mirror does not work well with the over spray covering it on a rainy day. the top down camera seems to function ok, as does the back up camera.

·
Registered
10 Posts
just found out, when you push the washer for the rear window, it has a separate washer for the rear camera lens. they have been pretty thorough with planing this vehicle.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Does anyone know of a way to delete a radio station from the preset display besides restoring all radio settings to factory default?
I don't have my Enclave anymore so I am going from memory but I think it's something like Settings - Radio - Manage Favorites. That screen lets you drag-and-drop the order of the favorites and also lets you delete them.

EDIT:
Found it and my memory was correct! Pages 65/66 here:
https://my.buick.com/content/dam/gmownercenter/gmna/dynamic/manuals/2019/Buick/lacrosse/2019-buick-infotainment-system-guide.pdf

·
Registered
10 Posts
Something new I discovered this weekend. I had my extra key fob in my briefcase in the back floorboard and actually forgot it was there. It normally stays in the keychain bowl at home with other spare key sets.

So, several times during the weekend, I attempted to remote start my car. (2019 enclave). I even tried the “my Buick” app on my phone a few times, would not start. Then I started to troubleshoot the issue this morning and found that if I removed the extra keyfob from inside the vehicle, everything worked as normal.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts
About this Discussion
59 Replies
9 Participants
latunafish
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing