EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was driving in freeway traffic today when the active cruise sensed the slow, then stopping of all 3 lanes. It did a great job, but I was wondering if the brakes lights are activated when this happens? The truck behind me ran over onto the shoulder to miss a rear end crash into me.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Not related to the vehicle itself, but as a side note we had a very unpleasant buying experience once we got to the final paperwork and I asked about the advertising fees and doc fees they were charging me. The general manager came in and became very rude and unprofessional when I wanted to negotiate them. How dare I question the numbers on the purchase order!

Does anyone have actual knowledge of these fees for GM vehicles? Information on the web is nebulous regarding whether advertising fees are negotiable or not, whether the dealer get reimbursed or not, whether doc fees are required, etc. He told me the advertising fees that he chooses to participate in are required to be passed on to the customer and aren't reimbursed, and that he's legally required to charge a $394 doc fee, in addition to the title and license fees, to every customer if he processes the title and license.

It's a done deal now, but I'd still like to know the truth.
That's just BS. Refuse to pay the fees and start to walk and they will disappear, always ask for total drive out price when you discuss price so its easy to put it back on them. What he did is bully you. I would have walked out, I would of also called 20 dealerships and gotten bids from the internet sales manager.

·
Super Moderator
232 Posts
I was driving in freeway traffic today when the active cruise sensed the slow, then stopping of all 3 lanes. It did a great job, but I was wondering if the brakes lights are activated when this happens? The truck behind me ran over onto the shoulder to miss a rear end crash into me.
I have to believe the brake light s come on, although I can't say for sure. That would be a costly omission for GM if they didn't and there was an accident.

·
Registered
172 Posts
That's just BS. Refuse to pay the fees and start to walk and they will disappear, always ask for total drive out price when you discuss price so its easy to put it back on them. What he did is bully you. I would have walked out, I would of also called 20 dealerships and gotten bids from the internet sales manager.
I really, really wanted to leave. But unfortunately it was the exact vehicle I wanted with the exact options and there were no others like it anywhere. I had already been waiting for several months, tried to order one, etc., and couldn't leave my wife any longer with her vehicle that was stranding her regularly. So as much as I hated to let him bully me and win, I ended up going through with the purchase.

And it wasn't even the few hundred dollars in fees that was the issue. The issue is that I just don't like dealers lying to me about all these extra fees that they say are required when I know many of them are not.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Just had a chance to see how things were on a long (sort of) trip with the 2019. Went up to Taos for some skiing so there were a variety of road types and conditions. The vehicle performed very well but there was one area that was highly annoying and disappointing; all the rattles and vibrations from the cheap sunroof covers. On anything but smooth roads, the covers make so much noise it's ridiculous. I've noticed it every so often around town, but on a long trip it becomes very unpleasant. Poor design, poor execution, cheap materials. I wonder if I can stuff something in there somehow.

Also, the seats, which are tolerable on short trips, are not at all enjoyable for anything longer than about 2 hours.

On the positive side, everything else was fine and the AWD was great in the snow.

·
Super Moderator
232 Posts
The sunshades are definitely cheap, but I haven't heard any noises from them on any roads. I did notice that if you leave the shade open for a couple of days and then try to close it, it bunches up at the back and doesn't close all the way, so there is a fault in the retractor. It doesn't happen if I close it within a short time interval.

I find the left side of the driver's seat to be somewhat uncomfortable. It feels like something is sticking up slightly near the edge but there is nothing visible and if I am centered on the seat I don't feel it. Strange stuff.

Aside from a few other shortcuts that were taken, I am still very happy with the Enclave.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Speaking of sunshades, I just had my first experience with cheap GM parts and design. While driving today the rear sunshade suddenly snapped open on it's own. No potholes, no speed bumps, nothing. Upon inspection, the plastic bracket which receives the sunshade closing hook mechanism completely broke and detached from the sunroof frame. It's secured by two pop rivets, but the rivets contact only a very small part of the bracket so there's not enough surface area to provide a secure attachment.

And of course, instead of being smart and using screws which would be easy for an owner to replace, GM used rivets which means I have to take it in for repair.

·
Super Moderator
232 Posts
That's a shame. The cheap sunshade is one of my biggest complaints.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the same issue with my Avenir. The front sunshade will rattle on all but smooth roads. I have yet to find a permabent solution but in the meantime I have stuffed napkins near the latches so it’s quiet on almost all roads now. Makes it hard to use the sunroof but with temps in the 90’s and a black interior I haven’t used it much lately.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'll have to try the napkin trick, or maybe some type of foam insert. I didn't want the stupid things in the first place, but they force you to have them if you get an Avenir. And ironically the cheap, rattling sunshades and now broken sunshade bracket are the only things wrong with mine so far.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts