EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed (my search turned up nothing).

For the first time ever, I'm in search of a generic dog gate to put in the back of the Enclave. I say 'first time' because both my MDX and XC90 had custom Acura and Volvo dog gates that fit into pre-made slots in the vehicle. I knew there was nothing like that for the Enclave before I bought it (and it wasn't a dealbreaker), so I'm guessing I need to visit the pet store for one of those generic ones.

A couple of days ago, I took my greyhound for a trip to the groomer for the first time since getting the Enclave and was a nervous wreck the whole way there and back. I was terrified of him becoming a projectile and getting hurt if there were any sudden stops (luckily there were none). I was more worried about him getting hurt than me getting hit by him.

Has anyone else bought a gate or net that seems to work particularly well in the Enclave?

·
Registered
644 Posts
The weathertech website and catalogue shows dog gates. I called them about a week ago and was notified the weathertech mats for first through third rows should be available soon, along with an Enclave cargo mat. Perhaps they will make a dog gate specific to the Enclave. We always have a Golden and on trips in the Honda van would remove a second row seat to keep her more secure. When we get our Enclave I have thought about moving the "stupid slide" (my name for it) seat forward against the driver's seat which I hope will allow enough room for a dog bed just in front of the 3rd row. When we travel, our daughter sits in one rear seat with Joanna, our dog family member, next to her. Most dog lovers want their pets in a kennel; we just can't do that on our 1000 mile trip from Iowa to Louisiana for our annual trip to see my wife's family. By the way, I wish the second row console was available, but we are considering the Rubbermaid 12 volt cooler which should fit between the captains second row seats and be really handy for a barrier, too (about $95 from one site). Hope this gives at least some information.

BB

1 - 2 of 2 Posts