EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Smokin, I was looking at your pics, mainly to look at the side moldings, as we are going to be ordering those. I also saw the emblem you added on the side (front doors) -- and I'm sure you discussed it somewhere in a thread but I couldn't find it. Where did you order those?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
waitingsince 8-10 said:
Hey Smokin, I was looking at your pics, mainly to look at the side moldings, as we are going to be ordering those. I also saw the emblem you added on the side (front doors) -- and I'm sure you discussed it somewhere in a thread but I couldn't find it. Where did you order those?
I forget the thread too, but the chrome "Enclave" nameplate was ordered from Buick dealer parts dept. It's same as one on rear hatch! Just $7 bucks per nameplate = $14 bucks for both!! Got tired of people asking me "what is this???"

The Buick chrome, self-adhesive, red/white/blue Buick logo, tri-shield was found on Ebay and is from an older Buick car! Don't know year/model, but site on Ebay is Firestone Collectibles. He has many and pix of all! search his site! I paid about $6-$7 each for them! He sells as a "make Offer " auction! Offer $6 !!! Nice people! I think this is link: View his on-line Store if sale is expired!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BUIC...emQQcategoryZ33643QQihZ011QQitemZ320064767961

The body side moldings are from Sportwing.com, and they paint to match your color exactly! It's saving my doors!! (the paint code, if needed, is on inner passenger, glove box door. It's way on bottom of label, listing of all numbers for car's equipment! Most codes are just on the web site itself, if you know name of car's color.

Good luck!! :thumb:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Looks Great! :thumb:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info -- I wonder if I can just tell them my color for the side moldings, or do I need the number from the door. I would think the color formula's the same for each color but maybe it varies a little so I might have a better match if I give the number from my door? ???

·
Registered
329 Posts
Do the moldings really help?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
[ b]Waiting & Debiwebbi[/b], the site has a list of known colors but didn't have mine (by name......Opal White!)
Only then, must you provide the paint color code.

Yes, they do help in avoiding door dings on these big, beautiful doors. I honestly didn't want to put anything on these doors as they are so nicely sculptured. But as the exact color, I thought they might "fade" and not stand out to the eye. I got them knowing I could remove them w/fishing wire, if I hated them in 2 months. They will leave no residue as it's only 2-sided, tape mount.
As of now, they're staying! ;) Did you see my pix?

Good luck :thumb:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Smokin! Yes we saw the pics and they look really great. I'm wondering if they'll hold up through the car wash? Have you tried that or are you a hand washer?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
waitingsince 8-10 said:
Hi Smokin! Yes we saw the pics and they look really great. I'm wondering if they'll hold up through the car wash? Have you tried that or are you a hand washer?
5 car washes so far! These babies are "on" !!! It would take 20 minutes per side, to pull them off w/ fishing wire!! The 3-M type adhesive, press-on tape is great!!. Plus they're low-profile! Good as OEM type. :thumb:

·
Registered
329 Posts
I've also noticed some other Buick makes with the moldings same as the car with chrome - what do you think?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
debywebbi said:
I've also noticed some other Buick makes with the moldings same as the car with chrome - what do you think?
Wanted least noticeable for my White Opal doors! Chrome sure would look good as the car has a bunch already! Just IMO!
Since chrome is "off the shelf" get it and put in up w/scotchtape! If you hate it, return it! ;)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Smokin SRX said:
Wanted least noticeable for my White Opal doors! Chrome sure would look good as the car has a bunch already! Just IMO!
Since chrome is "off the shelf" get it and put in up w/scotchtape! If you hate it, return it! ;)
I can appreciate that - just been seeing a lot of chrome around here lately on all styles of vehicles and it does look sweet! :thumb:[/color] It does look great on your Enclave just as it is. :thumb:[/color]

·
Registered
379 Posts
debywebbi said:
Looks Great! :thumb:
Hey Smokin,

Your vehicle looks great! What width are the moldings?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Anyone know where you can get chrome body side moldings?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
HI. CHROME SIDE MOLDINGS ARE READILY AVAILABLE, IN MANY SIZES, LENGTHS, PRICE LEVELS, AT MOST LARGE AUTO ACCESSORY STORES AND OF COURSE FROM SPORTWING. COM. (just noticed the caps....sorry)

Sport wing is the maker of the painted-to-match side moldings, me and many others here have put on with great satisfaction ( about $100 per car, painted to match!) Chrome should be $25-65 as a universal set elsewhere. Don't know what Sportwing gets.

Really protects our big, beautiful doors! Good luck :thumb:

·
Registered
83 Posts
I like the body colored moldings, but I just think the side of the car needs a bit more chrome in the middle. I like the chrome sidestep, or the chrome molding, but I think both would be overkill. Does anybody have the chrome door guard molding? If you do post a picture.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Anyone see molded door protectors that run up/down (vertical) along the door edges.

If anything that would help us from dinging someone else and chipping the door edges.

thanks,

M

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
txhokie4life said:
Anyone see molded door protectors that run up/down (vertical) along the door edges.

If anything that would help us from dinging someone else and chipping the door edges.

thanks,

M
Hi. Not aware of any pre-molded door edge guards, but as I'm sure you know, most auto stores carry universal ones that snap on (some with a "glue" substance on inner fold!). be advised that they really "slice up" the looks of the car's side view, alot. I'd avoid the glue type as mine always seeped out to doors edge and got messy. Furthermore, most of the kinds I tried fell off in car washes or just rubbing past the open door!

Would you consider the 10" long rubber door bumpers?? Very utilitarian looking IMHO. Dealers pop them on alot, while car is in their new car lot. Prevents customer-generated dings!

I recco not using them for these reasons, but it's great to have options! And, yes, I too am a considerate door opener and seldom hit the guy parked next to me.....even the blind guy who is "parking space challenged" and thinks the white lines are for decoration only ;) ;D

·
Registered
54 Posts
When I had the Scotchguard paint protection film put on the front of my Enclave, the installer added a thin strip along the edge of each door as an invisible door edge guard. He also added a strip over the chrome behind the rear hatch to protect it from sliding things over it as they are loaded and unloaded from the back.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Very creative! Does it look like the door edge film will stay on? It's a very "high-traffic" area.

I like the up-top film application. I may put a piece on my rear license "hood" where it hits if I don't pull into garage enough, and open the hatch!

THKS!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts